Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Re: Worst/cruel name you ever heard

Yes, we had a Chandelier. The kids used to tease her, asking if she had a brother named Window or Sofa.

I also had a student who named her baby Genre. She said she'd liked the name because of my English class. Mea maxima culpa!

I've known many funny names. I went to high school with Delight Pink. Not surprisingly, she married a guy named Mike and their three kids were Michael, Christopher, and David.

In college I knew a girl named Brooke Trout -- her brother was River. (At least he wasn't Rainbow or Cutthroat!)

My dad worked with two brothers at Sikorsky named Jack and Peter Rabat.

Lastly, my ex-husband came from the Ozarks. Some of his family members were: Bethuel, Dathan, Maragene, Vernadene, and Noxene.

I've heard of a girl names Keighlah (pronounced Kayla)
    I also know twin girls names Vincent "Vinnie" May and Minnie Elizabeth....please don't even get ME STARTED on this one. :0
    Abigail "Abby", Beatrix "Trixie", Charlotte "Charlie", Dianna "Annie" Sisters 4 Life <3

Top Two Combos: Violet Moon and Harrison Pike "Harry"

Quote Originally Posted by babylemonade
    Let's not fall into the trap of urban legends here. It can be tricky because some people genuinely have heard these stories from a friend, but even basically honest people get bored sometimes, and I think we should remember the vaguely racist undertones of some of these stories. (http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp)

@anniebee: If freakonomics has it right, I wonder if Loser felt he had to make something of his life to prove himself wrong and Winner grew up feeling a bit over-entitled.
    You're post may have been in regards to my story and how it does show up among the stories and urban legends on Snopes, this particular instance is true! My aunt actually knows a woman who named her baby Female. No racism here, just the truth.

I went to school with a boy named Your Majesty, nobody outside of his family called him that though.

My friend worked as a camp counselor and met a little girl named Asshole (pronounced A-shole-lay) and another girl named Ta-a (pronounced Tadasha, which isn't a horrible name but the spelling is obnoxious).

ShaDynasty - take out the capital and you have Shadynasty - could be pronouced "Shady Nasty"!