Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    I did know a Justin Case. Not bad, just funny.

I think a lot of these are cultural / linguistic breakdowns. It's fine there, not so much here. Jail seems like it might be one, I can't put my finger on how. And if you troll the SS# lists, there are a lot of names, they seem Indian to me but I can't be sure, that contain the letter sequence sh*t as one poster mentioned. Ashita, Ashitra, and the like. Also, maybe again from the same language background, Assa, Assia, etc.

Miette

Miette means "crumb", it's not really cruel (just stupid imo) but a lot of people think youre basically naming your child after trash or dirt. A friend of mine met a little girl named this and didnt believe it because to her the little girl basically said "Hi, Im a crumb" lol and she thought it was a joke until her mom explained that it wasnt a nickname. IMO it makes a cute nickname!

I used to work at a foster care agency and good lord the names I came across were things like "Chandelier" or "Dawntay" crazy mispellings...
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

My son's preschool teacher's name is... wait for it... Anita Dick. This is really, honestly, truly her name. I would guess that she's in her early 60s. The preschoolers don't care, as they don't get it.

An unexpected problem with the tech age - all the other teachers' emails are first initial and last name. Mrs. Dick's, however, is anitad@ because if she followed the other format, her emails would go into everyone's spam folders! Alas, how I wish this were an urban legend, but it isn't. I talk to Mrs. Dick reguarly (and she's a lovely human being and fine teacher, by the way).

One of my ancestors -- the youngest of 14 -- was named Ohel.[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness! The poor child!

My Dad's name is Hiawatha. He changed it once he go into college though. Thank Goodness.