Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Maya Rudolph's kids

Definitely think Lucy and Pearl are hip. I can see how Jack/son has a little less style than the others because of the popularity. It was actually on the very top of my favorites, but has been over-saturated like my other loves Henry and Charlotte. I think maybe a Walter or a Theodore might have been fun, but I still think the set go amazing together and I think the name is a very nice, strong, classic and a solid choice.
    Mom to Clementine the cat and Friedman the fatter cat.

Thank you for not laughing at me annibee an kgcg31 and I appreciate that you understand what I mean by the term "hip". I have always liked nb so much as a message board because most posters are kind and tactful, even when we disagree or do not understand the other' position. I wonder what Pam or Linda think about the term hip or hipster when it comes to baby names these days since nb started a little over 2 yrs ago.

BTW,Pearl is officially on the NB Hipster Baby Name list :lol:

Agreed - sometimes it's hard to balance being opinionated and not offending others, especially when it comes to something as subjective as style and taste.

I def think Pearl is hip. I love the name but doubt I would have 5 years ago. It's possible that only a certain set up us hipsters find it cool though. I'm ashamed to admit the bf and I definitely fall into the yupster category - minus the money that 'yuppie' implies haha. Luckily it doesn't require any money to talk about names online!
    Mom to Clementine the cat and Friedman the fatter cat.