Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

floral favorites and "Rose" variations

I know I'm not the only one who adores flowery names. I'd put a poll up, but I'm bound to forget a good one! There are so many...especially if you include names like Juniper and Laurel. If you gave a first daughter a flower name, would you consider naming your second daughter also after a flower?

My favorites would have to be Violet, Rose, Daphne and Iris! Violet's been consistently my favorite for years now but with the probability of a future popularity, I've been looking at Daphne and Iris and Rose, which is shockingly nowhere near the top 100!

EDIT. Speaking of Rose...THE VARIOUS ROSE NAMES:

Rose is probably the most common flower name used. And it comes with the most variants. Which is your favorite?

Rose, Rosa, Rosamund, Lily-Rose, Rosalind, Rosalie, Rosaline, Roselyn, Roseanna, Rosemary, Roseanne, Rosemarie, or middle name Rose?
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo.

Re: floral favorites

Hmm...We named our daughter Willow. Not exactly a flower name, but more in line with Juniper, my current fave! I definitely don't think we will use it though. 1-Hubby isn't a fan at all. 2- It's a bit much. Willow & Juniper? I don't think I could do it. I think if we had given Willow a flower name, we would only consider another flower name for the middle (as with Juniper). That said, I don't think I would mind hearing all flower names for siblings, but it's definitely not something I could do. Interesting post.

Willow definitely deserves to be counted in this thread (and Sage for that matter. I told you I would forget names)!
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo.

I love flower names and I tend to lean towards the more unusual flowers. I also like fruit and spice names as well. I like the idea of a floral sibset but I would use an international version to mix things up a bit. My current favorites are:

Azalea or Azelie
    Lilac or Lilas
    Lotus
    Magnolia
    Marigold
    Orchid
    Peony (guilty pleasure)
    Wisteria
    Zinnia

I think my favorite flower name right now is Magnolia -- especially because the magnolia trees are in full bloom where I live! I think it's such a graceful, elegant name with divine nicknaming possibilities.

Some other botanical names I have on my list include:

Bryony
    Calyx
    Clover
    Daisy
    Daffodil
    Hawthorn
    Lavender
    Linden
    Moss
    Rowan
    Rue