Names Searched Right Now:

Well, not Irish or very Earthy, but...

Our beautiful daughter was born June 23 at home! Her name is Clementine Bloom and she joins sisters Sage and Lotus. We had Willow and Magnolia on our list as well, but the moment I saw her, Clementine popped into my head and, although it took us a few days to settle, I know that was her name. I was very close to my grandfather. When we weren't home, he often left bags of clementine oranges hanging on our doorknob for my daughters and me. Clementine isn't quite named after the orange, but the association with those memories is so sweet.

Her middle name came about on a late-pregnancy walk to the ice cream shop with my daughters. The winter was dreadfully cold here this year and we wanted a name that honored our love for the sun and our gratefulness for the warmth and beauty of summer. Also, my due date was the summer solstice. My oldest daughter suggested Bloom and we all loved it immediately, as quirky as it is.

So here she is, Clementine Bloom (Orange Blossom! )

Thank you for the many Irish/Earthy suggestions!! We were never able to find one that fit all of our "criteria," but we certainly found the perfect name. And, of course, I'm already thinking of possible names for future siblings!

Re: Well, not Irish or very Earthy, but...

Gorgeous! I love it (along with your other daughters names)! Congratulations!

Congrats on the birth of your third daughter, Clementine Bloom. The story of your grandfather leaving bags of clementine oranges hanging on your doorknob for you and your daughters clinched it for me! There's nothing like a family story to make a name special. It's wonderful that Sage and Lotus gave a little help with the middle name! All the best to you and your family, Mischa.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love the story about your grandfather - that totally made the name for me. Clementine Bloom is lovely. Congratulations on your new baby girl! I wish you all the best.

Sweet name. Sweet story. Sweet memories.

Congratulations. I love the name you picked. Just different enough, and very meaningful for your family.