Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

fairytale names?

A lifelong love of fairytales inspired this post. What names do you commonly associate with those storybook characters or have that fairytale feel for you?

I'll post my suggestions in a bit, but I want to see what you come up with first.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

Re: fairytale names?

I have always liked Rapunzel as a name and am searching for a name I could use it real life with a similar sound and feel.
    I type on an iPhone and take no responsibility for typos, auto-correction, or strange grammar in my posts.

What about Melisande? That's the heroine's name is a Sleeping Beauty/Rapunzel re-telling by E. Nesbit.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

Even though Evangeline has become more popular now, every time I hear of it I still get the same gooseflesh I had when I first read "THIS IS THE FOREST PRIMEVAL..." Other fairy tale-eque names for me are Ruby (Ruby Red); Aurora, Jasmine, Belle, and Ariel (can't get past Disney no matter how popular these become/are) and Jacinta (strangely always reminds me of Jorinda and Jorangle (sp.?)).

I've always loved Olwen and Rhiannon from Welsh fairy tales, along with Bran and Gwydion.

There's Prince Philip from Sleeping Beauty, and Rose Red and Briar Rose. Then there's Kai and Gerda.