Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NN for Adelaide

Hybrid View

NN for Adelaide

Our daughter, Adelaide Lauren, currently goes by the nn Addy. However, we are looking for other nn possibilities.

So, my question is... what is your favorite nn for Adelaide and why?

Thanks so much for your help!

Eulalia is very pretty. My friend is named Eulalia and she goes by Lallie.

I like Lady as a nickname to Adelaide, way more so than the tired Addie/Addy.

Why does every name need a nickname though? Maybe she might prefer to go by Adelaide. My friend Abigail hates to be called Abby, as her parents called her for years. She much prefers Abigail.

Lady is by far my favorite. I just can't stand the thought of Addy for some reason.

Adelaide is one of my favorite names as you can tell from my signature. If I were to have a girl right now the name would be in my top five.
    My favorite nn is Ada or maybe Leida(Lay-da). You can also use Adele, Dell, Della, Lady, and possibly Leia.
    Girls: Anya, Leia, Maeve, Adelaide, Lelia, Belle, Daphne, Vada, Evangeline, Anneliese, Leda, Livia, Carys, Liana, Cleo, Piper, Elena, Mercedes
    Boys: Flynn, Isaac, Ronan, James, Alaric, Jude, Damian, Emmett, Gabriel, Henry, Lucas/Lucian, Arthur, Ian, Wyatt, Leo

Vote here: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9825806

I thought of using Adelaide with the nn of Della.