Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If you could blend the two possibly? For example, Arielle. Think of Ariel and choose a French-ed up version. This one's said like are-YELL, I believe.
    I just like names and languages.
    :geek:homespun names with a warm sitting-by-the-fire feeling, they're like comfort food but in name form :?:

Anaelle? (Ah nah ELLE) I know a beautiful 7 year old French / Jewish girl with that name and have always thought it was gorgeous.

There are also feminizations like Josephine that have hebrew roots, but aren't actually used as a hebrew name.

My hubby is Jewish and his grandmother is French. She gave both her daughters French names. Interestingly her grandchildren have a mix of French, British and Jewish names but all the great grandchildren have Hebrew names or ones linked. Name your child a name you love. It's much more important.

I’ve tried to put together a list of French names with Hebrew origins using Behindthename.com. Hope that helps.

(Disclaimer: Being neither Jewish, nor French, I’m not sure of their authenticity nor how often these names are actually used in either community!)

Arielle
    Esther
    Danielle
    Debora – French version of Deborah
    Élisabeth / Élise / Isabelle / Liliane / Lise / Lisette - French versions of Elisheva
    Léa – French version of Leah
    Josée – French feminisation of Joseph
    Marielle – French version of Mirele (a diminutive of Miriam)
    Noémie – French version of Naomi
    Simone – French feminisation of Simon
    Suzanne / Suzette - French version of Shoshana
    My Top 10 Girls Names: Astrid, Elara, Evelyn, Hannah, Hester, Lorna, Megan, Ophelia, Sylvia, Tabitha
    My Top 10 Boys Names: Alistair, Andrew, Graeme, Hamish, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Aurelius, Damaris, Digory, Hermione, Isis, Phineas, Loki, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx, Orion

I am not Jewish, but here are my thoughts-

It depends what you really want. If having a Jewish name is truly important why not use a Jewish name in the first name spot and a French name in the middle? If having a Jewish first name is not crucial, use a French first name and a Jewish middle.
    Proud mom to Charles Hailey "Charlie" [b. 12/15/11]
    Emilia Edith Corinne "Millie" [dd. Sept, 2013]

Quinn | Daphne | Kellan | Eilidh | Juliet

Declan | Jack | William | Aiden | River

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see"