Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: I thought we had it all figured out....

I like Genevieve or Josephine as the first name. I personally wouldn't use another L or E beginning name. I'm not a fan of Genevieve Jayne though. What if you used Lila Josephine or Lila Genevieve and called her by her middle name?
    I also have named my children after family members. Remember this is your child. You don't have to restrict yourself. If there's someone you really want to honor maybe give the child the honoree's initials or a variation of their name. I can definitely identify with wanting to honor someone even though I don't necessarily like their name. There are ways around it.
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

I'm in total agreement ladies. The y in Jayne has to stay as my grandma spelled it that way. Lila is just so much better to me but how do I convince him? Genevieve is a beautiful name, but with our middle options, it feels so heavy. Also, our last name is 3 syllables so it is a mouthful. Maybe just name her Jayne? Is it too boring next to the other kids' names or is it so simple that it is refreshing? Love your thoughts!

If you say your last name is 3 syllables and a mouthful, I would definitely go for Lila. She's soft and simple. I like either:

Lila Jospehine
    Lila Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by angelika
    I'm in total agreement ladies. The y in Jayne has to stay as my grandma spelled it that way. Lila is just so much better to me but how do I convince him? Genevieve is a beautiful name, but with our middle options, it feels so heavy. Also, our last name is 3 syllables so it is a mouthful. Maybe just name her Jayne? Is it too boring next to the other kids' names or is it so simple that it is refreshing? Love your thoughts!
    I know that grandma spelt it as Jayne but Jane would be a better fit. Grandma in our family was meant to be Elvira but father put Elvria on the birth certificate but if I was to go for it I would change it back to Elvira.

As you already have a child whose first name starts with a J I would avoid in fn spot.

I think Lila is the best fit with either Jayne or Josephine and if you have a three syllable last name then it is probably much better to have a short, sweet, feminine and very likeable first name like Lila. (Tell him that you got that advice from nameberry (the home of naming experts).-If he likes the look of Genevieve I am sure he will like the look of Leila which is exactly the same name as Lila and if he likes this spelling you have a good combo that complements your last name.

So final name either Leila Jane or Lilah Jayne or Lila Jayne. If you do have to go with the 'y' in Jayne then imo Lilah Jayne is the best fit as a combo but as I said Leila is the name that may appeal to DH because it has echoes of Genevieve in it.

rollo
    Psalm 23

GENEVIEVE GENEVIEVE GENEVIEVE! I like it sooooooooooooo much more than Lila! Lila to me is quite trendy, and I just don't see the appeal. I think Genevieve Jane sounds adorable! PLEASE use that!