Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: You and Your Siblings

I'm Stephanie Lynn and my older sister (by 3 years) is Erin Nicole. Early '80s all the way! I've asked my mom several times about our names and she just says that she saw them in a baby book and liked them. Other contenders? Ashley, Allison, Lyndsey. It's like she only used the top 10 SS list for inspiration! If either of us had been boys we would have been Jeremy. My sister actually married one.

We also have Hebrew names and thats where our family connection comes in. I'm Simcha Malka (after my mom's uncle who passed away a few years before my birth, Melvin. Hebrew name Melech). My sister is Gitel Rochel after our great grandmother Gertie.

It is interesting to see all of these names and to find out that their parents are in their early forties!

I really wish that my friends were interested enough in names and the internet so that they could give their fix on the latest here at nameberry.

I love my name Caroline Margot, and I am SO pleased to see that Margot is back in vogue again. Caroline never really left but it is great to see so many loving this name once more.

My sis is Gillian Lucille I never liked either name but in the last few years have come to appreciate Lucille and the sibset because Mum and Dad matched our first names really well and have given us both a French middle name which I think is a nice touch.

My brother was named Ralph after an uncle who was lost during the war and I don't like his name either. I think I came up trumps in the name department in our family!!!

WDYT of our names. Please humour me on this as I am way out of your age group.

rollo
    Psalm 23

I am 26 and my name is Analisa Elena (pronounced Ah-nah-lisa, not An-na-lisa). My younger sister is 23 and her name is Leana Elizabeth (pronounced Lee-ah-nah, not Lee-an-na).

I've never been given a straight answer on how we got our first names, but I do know that I was supposed to be named Monica until my mom's close friend named her baby girl Monica a week before I was born. (Nothing against the name Monica, but I think I dodged a bullet on that one! )

My middle name, Elena, (pronounced Eh-leh-nah) is after my maternal great-great-grandmother, who I was fortunate enough to meet (she lived to be 107!!), and my sister's middle name, Elizabeth, is after my maternal grandfather's sister.

We both absolutely love our names because we love how they sound together and they are more uncommon than our friends' names (we grew up with multiple Haley's, Ashley's, Sarah's, Brittany's, and Brooke's). I never met another person with a similar name as me until my senior year in college (her name was Annaliese) and as far as I know, my sister still hasn't met anyone with her name (although I do know one Leanna).

My family is also into name schemes, and my cousins names are:
    Iliana Marie
    Adriana Alyssa
    Jewliana Jade

and then the "odd ball", Nina Nicole, who is named after our paternal great-grandmother, Conina.

Lot's of Ana's in our family, and no boys!! :lol:

I have a very mismatched sibset. My mother claims my name is Grace because after I was born, being the oldest, she wa overwhelmed with happiness and didn't care what I was named. So my uncle, grandmother and dad named me.

I'm Grace Allison. My mother was set on having a Fiona but like I said above no one liked it and apparently she didn't really care at the moment what my name was. I think I like Grace Allison better then Fiona Drummey.

The eldest of my little brothers is Liam James Drummey. He was named Liam because my mother was set on having Irish names from now on after my naming experience. James is after my grandfather and Drummey is my maternal grandmother's maiden name, and for a while my mother's maiden name until her stepfather changed it.

My sister, who is two years younger then Liam is Brigid Drummey. Brigid is an Irish name my parents could agree on and Drummey is again a family name.

Aidan Drummey is the last one, he was born years before the name Aidan became popular. I'm 34 and Aidan is 8 years younger then me, he only knows one other 26 year old named Aidan.

I had Jackson Scott with my now husband, John Stiles, at 16. I married him at 28 and now we have Sam and Lukey. We are expecting GG twins on September 1st. The top namesfor them right now are Alexandra and Juliet.

My sister married Griffin James and has Elijah James, Isaac Aidan and Charlotte Denise.

Liam married Hunter Elizabeth (yes, a girl named Hunter) and they have Ava Lynn, Jayden Michael, Alexis Marie and Zachary Jacob.

Aidan is engaged to Paige Elizabeth and they have one daughter, Sophie Elizabeth.
    Proud mother to Jackson Scott, Samuel Jameson Brave, Lucas Liam Matthew and Elena Rue and Alexandra Marielle.

I am the oldest of 5 and we have a large array Of names.
    I am Emily Mae and I would have been Maggie Mae if it wasn't for the song. If I were a boy I would have had any first name but the middle name waked because it is a tradition on my dads side of the family for the first born son to has the name Walter.

My first brother is Tucker Walter. I am not sure of other names that were considered because we are only one tear apart.

My second brother is Sutton Michael. He would have been Sawyer Michael but my father could not pronouce Sawyer right. I do bot remember what he would have been if he was a girl.

Next is my first and only sister, Avery Elizabeth. All I know about her name is that her first namewas found on the back of a car. And again bot sure of Other names hat were considered.

The youngest is my little brother Nathaniel Elo. His name means gift from god and it is Hebrew and my mom had him by surprise and while she was in seminary. Elo is after my great grandfather. If he was a girl his name would start with an Ivor O to go along with all of the girls names starting with Avery and Emily. Some names considered were Isabelle Ingrid or Olive. Other names we liked for a boy were west, Grahm, and Reed