Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Greta

Love it, but...

...can't stand the Englisch pronounciation, it's so different from the Swedish one. Greta was on my list, but got kicked because of this. *sigh* :cry:

Re: Greta

My younger sister's name is Greta Jane! She's 18, goofy, athletic, and smart. She was named after my great-grandma Gertrude. So, when people say Greta is an old lady name, we kind of laugh because the alternative for her was the even more old lady--Gertrude (which I don't think is ready for a comeback quite yet). She goes by Greta, Gret, GG, Trudy (from Gertrude), and Greta Jane. I'd say the name is ready for some more use!

Love the name!! Its beautiful, classic and feminine! The first time I saw it I disliked it, but after a while it seems like i kept coming back to this name too!!

Quote Originally Posted by uniquechick
    Love the name!! Its beautiful, classic and feminine! The first time I saw it I disliked it, but after a while it seems like i kept coming back to this name too!!
    Right!?! This is one of those names that totally catch you off guard and grows on you.

Quote Originally Posted by fireworks
    My younger sister's name is Greta Jane! She's 18, goofy, athletic, and smart. She was named after my great-grandma Gertrude. So, when people say Greta is an old lady name, we kind of laugh because the alternative for her was the even more old lady--Gertrude (which I don't think is ready for a comeback quite yet). She goes by Greta, Gret, GG, Trudy (from Gertrude), and Greta Jane. I'd say the name is ready for some more use!
    Haha....your post made me giggle. I must agree with you and your sis....Gertrude is a much more of an old lady compared to Greta. Plus, I think GG/Gigi is great nickname!