Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Greta

Re: Greta

I am not a major fan... but! I have a friend who named her daughter Greta and I love her so - so of course it has grown on me. I do like that is seems strong and elegant at once and on the other hand it sounds harsh and a bit unattractive. I don't know - difficult for me to put into words I think because I do now know a Greta. I did her her grandmother call her "Gret-ka" once and it really turned me off to it though it was, I am sure, endearing. I think it is a name overall that takes a minute to grow on someone but is sweet nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by neuilly
    I love Greta! I like that it can be both soft and strong all at once. I imagine an intelligent, beautiful woman with a backbone. I also think of Garbo - and I'm a big fan of old Hollywood imagery. I just really think it's due for a comeback. I can see it working well on all ages.
    Oh my gosh, I feel exactly the same about Greta! It's just I've heard so many mixed opinions from so many people, that sometimes I sway more in favor of Greta and sometimes I sway away from Greta because if enough people have mixed or not so good of an impression on the name, I don't want to burden the child with a bad name. So I figure it's better to post it on here and get some feedback and input from all you Berries. I think my friends and family may be a little bias when it comes to naming because they already have some of their favorites in mind.

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!

Keep the input and feedback coming Berries!

Quote Originally Posted by onelove19
    I am not a major fan... but! I have a friend who named her daughter Greta and I love her so - so of course it has grown on me. I do like that is seems strong and elegant at once and on the other hand it sounds harsh and a bit unattractive. I don't know - difficult for me to put into words I think because I do now know a Greta. I did her her grandmother call her "Gret-ka" once and it really turned me off to it though it was, I am sure, endearing. I think it is a name overall that takes a minute to grow on someone but is sweet nonetheless.
    Thanks for your input! I totally understand. Many of my friends feel the same! I think DH is kind of iffy about it...he's not particularly in love with the name but doesn't hate it either. He's said it may grow on him. So we shall see what comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by neuilly
    I love Greta! I like that it can be both soft and strong all at once. I imagine an intelligent, beautiful woman with a backbone. I also think of Garbo - and I'm a big fan of old Hollywood imagery. I just really think it's due for a comeback. I can see it working well on all ages.
    Thanks! That's the same vision I have when I think of Greta.

Thanks for your input!

Greta was one of my favorite names and it was on my list of favorites, but my sister used it for my niece-she's one year old! Her name is Greta Rose and she's adorable! I also did gymnastics with a Greta, she is my age, 27, and went to the same college as her. She was the reason I started to like the name so much! I think her name was Greta Regina. And last but not least, I coached a Greta at the gym I was coaching at a couple years ago, she was seven when I was coaching her. Not sure what her middle name was. However, I can easily see this name working across all age groups and I love it! I like the sound and it's spunky which is how all three of the girls I know are and their name fits them perfectly!
    My neice goes by Greta or Greta Rose and my friend went by Grets or Greta and the little girl I coached went by Greta and Gretel even though that wasn't her first name!
    Whoops forgot something! When my SO found out my neice was named Greta- he was like ugh- I hate the name Greta, I knew one and she was a _____ (insert adjective here) Now he loves the name and says its pretty and suits her. My neice changed his perspective on the name!
    It's going to be a long, hot summer but at the end will be a wonderful prize!
    Expecting a baby boy August 25,2012-tentatively to be named Avery Jay!
    Names I still love...
    Girls- Amelia, Keeley, Elliott, Margaret
    Boys-Lennox, Eli, Rory, Killian