Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Greta

Re: Greta

Quote Originally Posted by bluedahlia
    I love the name Greta. It is a very iconic and classic Hollywood name to me because of Greta Garbo.

I agree it is good that it is not overly used, but it still a well known name. Greta evokes a sophisticated European feel to me as well, which is a good thing!
    Definitely! It really does give off a certain sophistication especially since it is a name of a silver screen siren! Thanks for your input! Really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by rachelmarie
    I struggle with Greta. Like you, at first I dismissed it, then came back to it. I keep flip flopping on my opinion of the name.
    Here's why:
    I really like the look of the name. And when I say it out loud (the first time), I like the sound of it. Then I say it again a few times, and it begins to sound...not pretty. (But then again, sometimes I accidentally start to say it with an accent of an angry Russian lady.)

I'm very torn with Greta. At the moment, I like it. Tomorrow, I might not.
    Just say it out loud a couple of times and see if you like saying it a lot. If not, I'd probably take it off the list.
    I know exactly how you feel. I have gotten mixed reviews from friends and family. They either love it because of the association with Greta Garbo and the whole silver screen siren thing, or they hate it completely because of the sound. I did hear a few people say the name sounds a little harsh or tough. Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by pansy
    I love Greta! If you're unsure about it, you could always go with Margaret and use Greta as a nickname.
    That is a great idea! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by banjodoo
    i really love it. i have posted a few times on here wondering about the name. some have referred to it as being harsh. i like the old world appeal of it as well as the spunk. i had my baby girl 12 days ago and named her Greta Juniper. it suits her perfectly. : )
    Congrats on your little girl!! That is a great name!

I have a few friends that have also told me that the name sounded a little harsh or tough. I think my friends and family may have a bias opinion. So I thought it's best to come on here to ask. =)

I like the name you gave your little girl very much!!

I love Greta! I like that it can be both soft and strong all at once. I imagine an intelligent, beautiful woman with a backbone. I also think of Garbo - and I'm a big fan of old Hollywood imagery. I just really think it's due for a comeback. I can see it working well on all ages.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!