Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stripper names

Re: Stripper names

I always hate that people think my name is a stripper name. And yes, I was born from a working class household in the early 80s. Then I realize I have a PhD from an Ivy League school. So all of the naysayers can suck it.

I just want to say that I have known some VERY smart strippers, who could hold their own in debates on everything from philosophy to politics. Most of them I met through a discussion forum for strippers, where I had an anagram topic going for stage names. I'm not saying that all strippers are business-savvy, highly intelligent women, but I am saying that there are a lot who are.

Stripping as a form of adult entertainment may be distasteful to some people here, but I by no means would call people in this line of work "low class." The only people I call "low class" are people who intentionally hurt others.

For those who want some "stripper names," I've included below a list of all the names beginning with the letter "A" from a much longer list that used to appear on the website of Alysabeth Clements Mosley, a former professional stripper, author, and now happily married wife of a serviceman in our U.S. armed forces.

To answer the OP's question: "What makes a name a 'stripper name'?" -- just about any name can be a "stripper name." But some names are clearly more evocative (or provocative). Here are Alysabeth's own words:

There are color names like Rose, Emerald, Raven and Blanca, animal names like Panther and Bunny, 'good girl' names like Jenny, Emily, Sarah or Kathleen, 'bad girl' names like Poison and Sin. You can describe your personality with a name like Temper, Passion, Serenity or Joy, or go with a city, state or country, like Houston, Dallas, Georgia, Madison or Paris. There are names that make your mouth water, like Brandy and Champagne, Candy, Peaches or Toffee. Call yourself Bobby, Stevie or Frankie, and you can be sure nobody will mistake you for one of the guys. You can give yourself the name you always wanted or the one you plan to name your daughter, like Vivienne, Alyssa or Soleil, or pick a fun name like Sassy, Scandal or Bailey.

A stripper's name, contrary to popular belief, isn't always or even usually a way to hide their identity. It means that they're a member of the sorority. It is the name they have given the embodiment of their glamorous and sensual selves.
    The "A" names from Alysabeth's list:
    ABRIANA
    AIRA
    AFRICA
    ALABAMA
    ALANA
    ALAYA
    ALECIA
    ALICIA
    ALEX
    ALEXIS
    ALEXA
    ALEXANDRA
    ALEXANDRIA
    ALISON
    ALLURA
    ALLY
    ALPHA
    ALYSABETH
    ALYSSA
    AMANDA
    AMAZE
    AMBER
    AMELIA
    AMETHYST
    ANALIS
    ANASTASIA
    ANDRA
    ANDREA
    ANDROMEDA
    ANGEL
    ANGELA
    ANGELIQUE
    ANGIE
    ANISE
    ANISETTE
    ANNA
    ANNABELLA
    ANNIE
    ANNIKA
    ANTOINETTE
    APHRODITE
    APRIL
    ARIEL
    ARIES
    ASHLEE
    ASHLEY
    ASHLYN
    ASIA
    ATHENA
    ATLANTA
    AUBRA
    AUBREY
    AUDRA
    AURA
    AURORA
    AUSTIN
    AUTUMN
    AVA
    AZRAEL

-- Nephele

Quote Originally Posted by agirlinred
    I think the "spiritual" names come off as stripper names to most. Things like Genesis, Heaven, Blessing, Harmony, Bliss, Destiny, Angel, Nevaeh, Epiphany, Trinity, etc.
    This is hilariously ironic and totally true. Those names do tend to give off, or give people an impression of, a stripper vibe.

Also, my mom and I joke around about stripper names a lot (yes, that probably worries some of you, but it's all in good fun). For example, I think of Cinnamon as a stripper name because once my mom and I were looking at hair colors and one was called "Cinnamon Stick," to which my mom remarked, "Sounds like a stripper name."
    Also, names with an X in them tend to sound stripper-esque to me (other than Beatrix, Bellatrix, or Alex, etc.). Trixie is one of them, but that may be because that's my cat's name and "to find" your stripper name, you use your pet's name and street name. So, Trixie has become a stripper name to me.
    Other examples: Jynx, Lux, Nyx, Roxy (although I do like the name), Moxie, etc.

Also, names like Bambi and Kiffany (I've heard this somewhere) sound kind of stripper-esque to me.

Quote Originally Posted by agirlinred
    I think the "spiritual" names come off as stripper names to most. Things like Genesis, Heaven, Blessing, Harmony, Bliss, Destiny, Angel, Nevaeh, Epiphany, Trinity, etc.
    This is hilariously ironic and totally true. Those names do tend to give off, or give people an impression of, a stripper vibe.

Also, my mom and I joke around about stripper names a lot (yes, that probably worries some of you, but it's all in good fun). For example, I think of Cinnamon as a stripper name because once my mom and I were looking at hair colors and one was called "Cinnamon Stick," to which my mom remarked, "Sounds like a stripper name."
    Also, names with an X in them tend to sound stripper-esque to me (other than Beatrix, Bellatrix, or Alex, etc.). Trixie is one of them, but that may be because that's my cat's name and "to find" your stripper name, you use your pet's name and street name. So, Trixie has become a stripper name to me.
    Other examples: Jynx, Lux, Nyx, Roxy (although I do like the name), Moxie, etc.

Also, names like Bambi and Kiffany (I've heard this somewhere) sound kind of stripper-esque to me.

Olivesareyum has me curious -- would you mind sharing your name with us? Is it Olive (which I would actually argue is a beautiful and unique name, not a "stripper" name)?