Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: How would you name the little sister of Lola Meredith?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clara

9 10.98%
  • Judith

2 2.44%
  • Mara

1 1.22%
  • Matilda

11 13.41%
  • Millie

5 6.10%
  • Mira

9 10.98%
  • Poppy

23 28.05%
  • Scarlett

22 26.83%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A sister for Lola! (with poll)

Hi,
    We're currently expecting a little sister for our daughter Lola Meredith, but we have absolutely no idea how the name the little one. We're looking for an international name (something that is pronounceable in English as in Dutch), nothing too popular, more than one syllable and not starting with a V or L. Can you give us some ideas? Middle names are welcome too.
    Thanks in advance!

Update: our updated list... (18.06.2011)
    Lola Meredith and Clara Josephine V.
    Lola Meredith and Judith Victoria V.
    Lola Meredith and Mara Victoria V.
    Lola Meredith and Matilda Louise V.
    Lola Meredith and Millie ? V.
    Lola Meredith and Mira Victoria V.
    Lola Meredith and Poppy Helena/Victoria/Josephine/Eleanor/Matilda V.
    Lola Meredith and Scarlett Amelie/Annabel/Clementine/Josephine/Matilda/Penelope/Helena V.

Re: A sister for Lola!

I'm not too familiar with Dutch pronunciation, so I'm sorry if any of them are off target!

Zara
    Pia
    Nina
    Clara
    Iris
    Matilda
    Sabrina
    Coco
    Poppy
    Eva

Middles:
    Caroline
    Victoria
    Genevieve
    Josephine
    Rosalind

I think Zara Josephine or Nina Caroline would be perfect with Lola Meredith!
    Current Favourites: Sophie, Rose, Elsa, May, Anna, Charlotte, Ada, Georgina, Juliet, Rosalie, Amelina, Flora, Louis, Dominic, Julian, Simon, Alan, Ivan and Alistair.
    Love but Can't/Won't Use: Emmanuelle, Autumn, Emily, Emmeline, April, Rosamund, Thomasin, Ruby, Roscoe, Etienne, Emile, James, Quincy, Quentin.

Thanks for the suggestions, oldsienna!

Zara: although we like this name, we immediately identified with the famous clothing chain...
    Pia: not a fan of the name
    Nina: the name is too popular for us in our home country
    Clara: goes on the list! Not sure about the middle name though. Maybe Clara Josephine or Clara Victoria?
    Iris: we don't like the name
    Matilda: goes on the list! What about Lou as a middle name?
    Sabrina: don't like the name
    Coco: same
    Poppy: goes on the list! And again not sure about a middle name that goes with Poppy.
    Eva: too popular in the US and in our home country

I love Clara Josephine! Matilda Lou is cute, but the "Lou" does make me think of "loo" (toilet) when it's said out loud. I'm Australian though so you might not have this problem where you live. How about Matilda Louise or Matilda Lucia?

I like Caroline as a middle with Poppy, as I think it really grounds the name, just like Meredith grounds Lola. What do you think about Poppy Catherine, Poppy Helena, or Poppy Renata (I've seen this name on the message boards a couple of times lately and I really like it!)?
    Current Favourites: Sophie, Rose, Elsa, May, Anna, Charlotte, Ada, Georgina, Juliet, Rosalie, Amelina, Flora, Louis, Dominic, Julian, Simon, Alan, Ivan and Alistair.
    Love but Can't/Won't Use: Emmanuelle, Autumn, Emily, Emmeline, April, Rosamund, Thomasin, Ruby, Roscoe, Etienne, Emile, James, Quincy, Quentin.

Hi oldsienna,
    Thanks again for your kind reply. We're currently living in New York, but most of our friends and families live in Belgium. That's why we're looking for an international name. You're right that Lou does sound like 'loo'. In our home country we wouldn't have that problem though. On the other hand, we don't frequently use a middle name, so I guess it isn't a big deal after all? Matilda Louise (Louisa?) and Matilda Lucia are quite nice alternatives though! With Poppy we would go with Helena as middle name. Really like the sound of that.