Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water Names!

Hybrid View

Water Names!

I'm writing a book that is centred around a big group of mermaids, and I need some water/ocean related names for both boys and girls. A few in the realm of the obvious is fine, (the obvious being something like Pearl or Oceane), but I would also love some names that maybe mean water in another language or something like that.
    I really appreciate the help!
    Thanks Berries! TTFN!

♥♥♥ Elizabeth ~ Alice ~ Anneliese ~ Violet ~ Eve ~ Mireille ~ Amelie ~ Catherine ~ Emmeline ~ River ~ Sophia ~ Rose ~ Eliska ~ Sybil ♥♥♥

♥♥♥ James ~ Lysander ~ Rory ~ Hugo ~ Gavin ~ Niles ~ Salem ~ Bennett ~ Callum ~ Noah ~ Jude ~ Patrick ~ Luke ~ Owen ♥♥♥

I think Posideon should be a boy, and for one of the other girls, call her Shelley, like Mary Shelley. Also, maybe you can have a girl named Aquamarine nn Aqua, and that is my gemstone by the way, as I was born in March. Do NOT do Cancer. I know it's an astrological sign, but it's also a disease. You can also do Broooke for a girl, and River for a boy or a girl. I like the name Percy, as he was a son of Posideon, and maybe you can have him date the main girl, or be related to her. You can also have him be a neighor of hers, depending on the age.

The first obvious but not completely in your face water names I thought of right away were Brooke, Marina and Waverly.
    Jenna means white wave so that could be something less obvious but still connected, maybe a bit vague though.
    Have you thought of researching some famous ships names, they were usually named after women, I mean maybe mermaids saw these sunken ships and named their children after them, I don't know it was just a thought that popped into my head
    Number 1 Aunty to one adorable ray of sunshine Rosalee Jillian 'Rosie'/'Roe'
    Cousin & Godmother to the delightful Erica Marisol 'Eri'/'Ricki'
    & Godmother to Sadie Bryn 'Bean' & honorary aunt to Molly Maeve Tuesday 'Molly Dolly'!

Liverpool, England
    Nerys or Nerissa? They don't technically mean anything to do with the sea but they remind me of Nereida which means 'sea nymph' I think.

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Magnus ★ Vasiliy ★

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Dylan means "son of the sea" -- I like it better on a boy.
    Cerulean -- Maybe names like this that's a kind of blue, since the sea is blue?