Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name Ruby's Sister!

I'm due Monday and having the HARDEST time deciding on a name for this baby girl (I have a bunch of other posts going, then write a new one when I think of a new name). I don't remember it being this difficult for Ruby, maybe because I wasn't thinking about what sounds good with her name.

Here are the contenders:

Adelaide
    Anabel
    Hazel
    Josephine
    Kaye (Katherine)
    Mabel
    Mae
    Magnolia (Maggie)

I'm probably forgetting something! Feel free to add.

Thanks!

Re: Name Ruby's Sister!

Mae, Mabel and Hazel would be wonderful sibling names for Ruby's sister. I like Adelaide, Josephine, Anabel and Magnolia too but they seem too long next to Ruby's name. Other suggestions: Stella, Clara, Greta, Eve, Viola/Violet, Lila, Iris, Frida, Pearl and Nora. Good luck, Mischa.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

My favorite from your list is Magnolia nn Nola. I also like Hazel and Josephine.

Hazel is PERFECT with Ruby. I don't think you need to look any further. Are there middle names in contention?
    Can you imagine what would happen if we named all the twos Henry or George or Robert or John or lots of other things? You'd have to say Robert plus John equals four, and if the four's name were Albert, things would be hopeless. ~The Phantom Tollbooth

With Hazel or Mae, her middle name would be Josephine. Adelaide and Anabel it would be Rose or Mae. Not sure about the others.

What do you all think of Harriet? Hattie is sweet. Hattie Rose? Not. That my husband would ever go for it.