Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Early Twins?

Re: Early Twins?

I'm just beginning my third trimester (ish). I'm at week 28. So I guessI shouldn't worry about giving birth to the girls until like week 30 or so. Thanks you guys!
    Mother of the 6-year-old finger-painter, Benjamin Henry (and proud of it, too)

Also proud to be the mother of blue-eyed twins, Amelia Joy and Athena Maya, born Thursday, August 4, 2011.

I know a set of twins that were born at 35 weeks, 5 pounds each.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

clivehills

I'm at 31 weeks and I'm already ready to go!! My doctor says I'm too anxious but hey what can I say?
    Mother of the 6-year-old finger-painter, Benjamin Henry (and proud of it, too)

Also proud to be the mother of blue-eyed twins, Amelia Joy and Athena Maya, born Thursday, August 4, 2011.

Hope you are doing well!

37 weeks is considered full term for twins. Some doctors induce or plan a C-section around 36 or 37 weeks because like with singletons, sometimes going "very overdue" can lead to complications (but also like singletons, the complications of overdue babes is more the exception than the norm).

Between 34 and 36 weeks, you can expect your baby's lungs to be mature. Doctors typically stick to the later dates to be sure. I believe the average twin gestation is somewhere between 35 and 36 weeks. So, I can see your doctor saying you will probably deliver in August, but I think July is pushing it.

My girls were born at 37.5 weeks - 6 pounds 15 oz and 7 pounds 6 oz.
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

I haven't had twins but several of my friends have. All of them gave birth at least a full month early, but a couple of them gave birth about 2-2 1/2 months early.

Good luck and CONGRATS!