Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sister's baby

Sister's baby

This time, it's not me who's preggos. but it is my sister, Callie. Her baby girl is due in 3 (!!!) weeks. No name definents, but some choices. She loved my daughter's name so much, (Annemarie) that she decided she wanted my help naming her baby, so here are our options:

Ingrid Myra
    Alison Jeniffer
    Tallulah Jane "Lula"
    Samara Lilly
    Nell Genevieve

Can you guys please pick your favs, and also your least favs from the list? Thanks!!!
    Proud mommy of Annemarie Belle, and expecting another daughter in November.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
    - Leo J. Burke

Re: Sister's baby

Here are my thoughts:

Ingrid Myra - When I say it, my tongue trips over the flow a bit. Perhaps Ingrid Maia is better?
    Alison Jeniffer - too boring. I like Alison Maia, though.
    Tallulah Jane "Lula" - ADORE this!
    Samara Lilly - eh. Perhaps Samara Lillian? I think Samara needs a longer name than Lilly after it.
    Nell Genevieve - cute, but I personally prefer Nell as a nickname for Eleanor.

Tallulah Jane is my favorite from the list. I also like Ingrid, but I'd choose a different middle name. Ingrid Mae, Ingrid Lily, Ingrid Pearl, Ingrid Elise... Alison is ok, but I would also choose a different middle name. I don't really like Samara (had a Golden Retriever with that name) and I really dislike Nell (I think of Nell Carter).

I agree with Poptart. Across the board.

As a complete package, I suppose I like Tallulah Jane the best, too. I'm not quite as crazy about it as the previous posters just because I can't quite picture an adult Tallulah or Lula in a very serious way. But it is cute and I love the name Jane.
    If I were allowed to swap things around, I would actually go with Genevieve as a first name. Maybe with Lilly or Myra as the middle name.
    Ingrid Myra doesn't flow very well as they said above. Ingrid is also a little bit unfriendly sounding to me.
    Alison Jennifer (I assume you would actually spell it this way, not Jeniffer) is very 80s feeling to me. I adore the name Alice, though, if you would maybe consider that. One of my all-time favorite names.
    Samara and Nell are both fine to me; I don't love them, but I don't dislike them.
    Good luck to you and your sister!