Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you pronounce Rhea?

I'm considering it for a middle name, but I am wondering: What is the most common pronunciation?

Thanks.

Re: How do you pronounce Rhea?

I have a friend named Rhea and she pronounces it RAY-uh. I actually had to say her name before I met her and thought it was REE-uh. I don't know what's the most common, but I like both. I LOVE the name. It's one of my favorite names of all the people I know I've said it before on here, sorry to be redundant, but my friend gets compliments on her name all the time. I hope you use it!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I think I would pronounce it "Ray". The "h" is silent (like in the word "rhombus") and the "ea" makes the long "a" sound (like the word "break" or the name "Shea").

The only Rhea I've ever heard of was former Cheers actress Rhea Perlman and she pronounces it "ree-ah" and that's the way I've always pronounced this Greek mythological name. I've never heard it pronounced "ray-ah" so you learn something new here on Nameberry everyday.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I've always heard it as ree-ah, though I could see how it could be ray-uh too.