Names Searched Right Now:

did i make the right choice?

I am looking for some reassurance that I made the right name choice for my son.

Some of our friends like to make jokes about it and I guess I am feeling a bit low about it.

Anything positive comments out there?

His name is Mac

Re: did i make the right choice?

Hi. Mac seems like a nn for MacKenzie or other names that start with Mac. I think most people would go with a longer name and use Mac as a nn, but I am also a fan of short nn's as full names. Mac doesnt seem that different than Max really. I wouldnt worry about other people's comments. As long as you and your son like the name than it is a fine name.

I think Mac is really cute and even though it's a short name I think it'll grow with him.

I really like the name Mac!! It's a cool name that will be great in childhood right through adulthood.

Just a note - my name is Polly and the first thing everyone used to say is,
    Polly wanna cracker? or
    Pollyanna or
    Polly-waddle-doodle-all-the-day, etc.

While it always kind of annoyed me as a kid, I have grown up to LOVE my name - it's unique and simple, yet still a 'real' name, much like Mac! I think sometimes people just say the first thing that comes to mind, and don't really mean anything negative about the name itself.

I just had a baby and found myself really looking for everyone's approval when we told them his name. When we didn't get it from some people, I talked with my husband and we decided that WE don't love every name, so why should anyone else? I am trying really hard to focus on the beauty of the name and not what everyone's first reaction is. I hope you can, too.

Take care!
    Mom to Jillian Mary (4 years) and Sullivan Roger (2 months)

Polly's advice is genius. Couldn't have said it better myself. I have a little 1 year old cousin named Samuel Mac, and yeah, it's a little unusual, but it so fits him--they call him Sammy Mac.
    Mom to Conrad James and baby due May 2014