Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

For fun--songs???

I've totally been thinking about songs with girl's names in them lately ever since me and DH started talking about the name Anna and I cannot get the Beatles song "Anna" out of my head (which I absolutely LOVE BTW)...So I'm just throwing this out there, thought it might be kinda fun--got any songs?

You've got some great ones listed already, but I'll add:

Alison by Elvis Costello
    Aubrey by Bread

Just today I've been listening to Veronica by Elvis Costello. When we named our last baby James we so loved listening to Sweet Baby James so much that now I want all my future babies to have their own song. And I don't think my hubby would even like the name Caroline if it weren't for the song.
    Last edited by lo; August 2nd, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline

Roy Orbison had songs called Lana, Leah, Belinda and Claudette.

The latter was written about his first wife.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    20. Name nerd. College sophomore. Identical twin.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Don't think anyone's mentioned "Miriam" by Norah Jones. There's also Bruno Mars' "Natalie," and ZZ Ward's "Put The Gun Down" references an Adeline ("Adeline, have mercy/you don't want to break my heart"). Though none of these are necessarily good connotations, someone above mentioned Jolene, so I just felt the need to throw some of these in the mix.