Names Searched Right Now:

France's First Baby

Le grand mot est lâché! The secret is out-- according to Nicolas Sarkozy's father, the President of France and his ultra-glamorous wife, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, are expecting their first child together. Let the name speculation begin...

Sarko has three sons from previous marriages, all with rather staid, traditional names: Pierre, Jean and Louis. Carla has a son from a previous relationship with the somewhat trendier name Aurélien. (Nearly unheard of until the 1980s, Aurélien was in 86th position in 2010.)

So how will these two find a name that's noble enough for the presidency but bohemian-chic enough to satisfy La Carla?

Re: France's First Baby

I love French names! This should be interesting. I think they'll meet in the middle, somewhere in between traditional and trendy....
    Abigail, Beatrice, Jemima, Hazel, Matilda, Svea
    ❦
    Isaac, James, Jasper, Julius, Sebastian, William

Quote Originally Posted by nicole_1024
    I love French names! This should be interesting. I think they'll meet in the middle, somewhere in between traditional and trendy....
    Ah yes! But I have no feel for what is traditional French and what is trendy! For a girl, I suspect Oceane and Khloe too trendy. For a boy, Remy too ordinary.

For a girl, Florence? Which is ungoing something of the same renaissance it is enjoying in English-speaking countries. Just don't know.

I love french names and I hope it' a baby girl there, they have lots of boys in their family. :lol:
    If it's a boy I think they'll choose smth classy.
    About girls...I can think only about Marianne, Laetita and Chloe now but i'm sure they'll choose smth very glamorous, french, up to date and chic.
    Girls: Neva, Hope, Katherine, Harlow, Vivienne, Florence, Grace, Nalha, Primrose, Arabella, Isla.

Boys: Nicholas, Luke, Stephen, Leon, John, William, Henry, Victor, Fredrich, Rainer, Simon, Felix.