Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Guess Mariah Carey's Twins' Names

Quote Originally Posted by lyndsayjenness
    Moroccan is just weird. Morocco would have been 10x better, while still being really different. Moroccan Cannon just makes me think of a canon from Morocco, horrid.

Two of my biggest pet peeves in new celebaby trends are all the African country names and the glamour girl surnames. They nailed it. It also annoys me that they jumped on not one, but two bandwagons and are probably going to act like they were sooo original.

Even though I hate the names, I must admit I'm happy. I would have been so disappointed if they'd used anything I even vaguely liked.
    Agreed, agreed (it sounds like they're ripping off of Alicia Keys' Egypt), and for the last point DEFINITELY AGREED. Now that I'm hearing the Roc/Rock nickname it's a little better, but I agree about the adjective and with a noun last name.....UGH.

In the end, I'm still happy for them because they seem to be pleased with the names and that's all that matters when you're famous I guess. Let's just hope they don't catch on!
    Mom to Clementine the cat and Friedman the fatter cat.

i actually like Moroccan better then Monroe. Honestly I do not know why so many celebrities are obsessed with Marilyn Monroe. She doesn't seem like much of a role model. Especially one that you would want to honor by bestowing it as a name for your child.

I saw an article (from when the names were announced) that said that Moroccan is named for the decor in Mariah's apartment where Nick proposed. What?

Quote Originally Posted by gwensmom
    I saw an article (from when the names were announced) that said that Moroccan is named for the decor in Mariah's apartment where Nick proposed. What?
    WOW. That is so deep. And I thought naming kids after the city you conceived them in was a lil weird (no offense to those of you that have, i'm just a prude ).

What is the next one going to be named after, her favorite of her movies? Iwould love to see a baby Glitter sorry to be snarky, but c'mon i feel bad for the boy, it's such an award name.

"Hi, I'm Moorroccan"
    "ok, wellnice to meet you, i don't understand why you're telling me your nationality, but what is your name?"
    Kind of a whose on first as I see it. Why don't people, famous or not, rich or not think of these simple things?
    Rant over