Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Guess Mariah Carey's Twins' Names

Mariah has announced the names ...

Moroccan Scott Canon and Monroe Cannon

not sure about their sons name but I like Monroe for a girl.
    Girls: June Rosalie, Clio Genevieve, Mabel Juliet, Greer Vivienne, Iris Lucia, Margot Laura, Sylvie Maeve, Ingrid Scarlett, Florence Pearl, Lara Josephine

Boys: Christopher David 'Kit', Maxwell Jude 'Max', Edward Stephen 'Teddy', Rex Kingston, Frederick Oscar 'Freddie', Gilbert Leo 'Gil', Gideon Felix, Hugo James, Tristan Josiah, Ivan George.

An adjective for a name? I might have understood Morocco, and Rocco is a cool nickname, but Moroccan feels very odd to me. Especially with Cannon as a last name - Moroccan Cannon? Huh.

Monroe on a girl, especially for Marilyn Monroe, doesn't feel too odd to me, but with a twin brother named Moroccan, it's an odd choice, too.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I agree . . . An adjective that is also a description of a nationality . . . I would like it better if it were Morroco and Monroe . . . Eh, well. Congratulations to the couple.

She could have done worse. Monroe fits in with Harlow and Garbo so it is a win in terms of celebrity baby naming.
    While I don't live Moroccan (Morocco would have been edgy but bot too weird) I think Moroccan Canon is a pronunciation nightmare. Roc is an awesome nickname.
    Mommy to:
    Annabeth Spencer Melisande (Beth)
    Maxwell Tiberius Elliot (Max)
    Twins Making Appearance June 2011
    Julian Reed Constantine
    Lydia Mirabelle Grace
    Backup Names:
    Emmett Mikhail Henry
    Imogen Alexandra Maeve

Moroccan is just weird. Morocco would have been 10x better, while still being really different. Maybe they like it because it's "rockin'"? I actually love Rocco/Roc as a nickname, and I'd think they'd use that instead of Mo considering sister's name. Moroccan Cannon just makes me think of a canon from Morocco, horrid.

I also can't stand Monroe as a girls name. I love Marilyn Monroe, but Monroe is a surname, I've never understood why a famous person's last name suddenly becomes connected to their gender, generally with females. Just as many men have the surname Monroe as women, why is it a good girl's name because it was her last name? Makes no sense to me. I love it for boys, hate it for girls. I mean, what can her nickname be? Mo? Roe? Ick. So masculine.

Two of my biggest pet peeves in new celebaby trends are all the African country names and the glamour girl surnames. They nailed it. It also annoys me that they jumped on not one, but two bandwagons and are probably going to act like they were sooo original. Also, why two M names, why not give one of the twins an N name?

Even though I hate the names, I must admit I'm happy. I would have been so disappointed if they'd used anything I even vaguely liked.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco