Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Oskar and ?

Oskar and ?

Hi everyone,

I have a son named Oskar and I am after some suggestions for baby number 2. My husband and I have a Polish/Dutch background and both like European names and names that have the ability to sound strong as well as soft.

Boys names we are finding particularly hard and currently have no candidates (although i think i may like Avi, at least for the duration of this post..) so please give me your thoughts on a good brotherly match.

These are the girls names we like so far.

Valentina
    Violetta (family name,hesitant to use due to popularity of Violet but id hope it wouldn't stop me)
    Esme
    Opal

I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions.
    Thanks!

Re: Oskar and ?

Oskar is gorgeous!

Valentina is so pretty, but it seems a bit too long to go with Oskar. I feel that it would overshadow Oskar, which would be such a shame.

I think Violetta has the same issue too, though less so. It's a little less "grand" than the previous name. I love Violet and Viola, so naturally I like Violetta. Have you considered Viola actually. I think Oskar and Viola would be gorgeous together!

Out of all the choices, Esme is probably my favourite. Oskar and Esme sound so sweet together when said aloud. Also, they're not too similar but the S as the second letter give them a subtle, lovely connection. Would you be having the accent on the e, Esm?

Opal isn't really one I'm keen on, and I'm also not keen on sibling names beginning with the same letter.

My suggestions would be:
    - Viola
    - Mila (I prefer MY-luh, but MEE-luh's cute too)
    - Leto or Aleta
    - Maya
    - Lydia
    - Neva or Nova
    - Cassia
    - Eija or Eira
    - Mira
    - Helena
    - Sofie
    - Sylvie or Sylvia

As for the boys name, I love Avi Oskar and Avi sound great together, pretty much perfect. But since you don't seem set on it, some more suggestions:

- Eli
    - Lev
    - Willem
    - Bram
    - Espen
    - Isaac
    - No or Noah
    - Cyrus
    - Felix
    - Caspar
    - Teodor or Fyodor

Good luck!
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

PP had some really good suggestions, and among the boys I especially like Felix.

I can also see maybe for boys:
    Anders
    Andreas
    Conrad/Konrad
    Florian
    Jonas
    Leo
    Matthias
    Raphael
    Stefan
    Tophias

Sure there are more! Good luck!

Thank you genevie and jesba for great suggestions

genevie, your girls names are all gorgeous!

Valentina and Violetta are quite grand (I do love those beautiful long girls names) with Valentina i was thinking of using Vala as a nn and Viola is a wonderful idea as an alternative or nn for Violetta.

I love Mila (MEE-luh) but my niece is Maya and its too similar, love Helena (Hel-EN-uh) and Sylvie/Sylvia too.

I agree that Oskar and Esme have a lovely connection as a pair, I like Esm too but i think i would go with Esme.

Short boys names like Avi and Ari sound great when paired with Oskar but i want to find names that have a bit more length to them. I like Isaac because i'm attracted to the 'sound like Zac but i'm not Zac' part.

Jesba, love the suggestion of Raphael, maybe with Rafi as a nn

Ooh I think Oskar and Isaac are lovely together Oskar and Raphael would be gorgeous too, though I personally think the Rafael spelling seems to go with Oskar a little better. Rafi is sweet too, I also like the nickname Rafe but I worry it sounds to similar to "rape".

I was thinking, since you like Ari and Avi but you want more length, you might like one of the following:
    Aviel
    Avior
    Avian
    Avis
    Xavier
    Flavien
    Octave or Octavius or Octavian
    (nickname "Avi")

Alaric
    Ariel
    Arian
    Aris