Names Searched Right Now:

More ideas for Fiona's sister?

Hello!

I posted a couple months ago when I learned I'll be having another baby girl but could use some more counseling from you wise foks! My first daughter is named Fiona Violet (our last name sounds like McGray).

I've been wanting to have a nice shortlist of name contenders to choose from when I meet the new baby, but I was stuck with only "Rose" on the list for a long time. I got lots of support for Rose here. But I haven't been able to say "Rose is it!" for some reason, and I find myself still wanting some other options. I just love Fiona's name so much that I worry Rose might be a little dull in comparison, even though it is very pretty and goes very well with our last name.

I've recently decided I love the name Mirabel, or maybe even just Mira. I generally don't like nicknames but I actually love "Mira" and am even ok with Belle. My general taste is that I want to avoid very popular names, want a name that will grow well into adulthood, goes well with our Irish surname, and a name that just has a special feel. For Fiona, I was drawn to it because it is both fun to say and musical to hear, goes very well with our somewhat harsh-sounding last name, and has a spunky yet smart feel.

What do you think of Mira(bel)?

And I'd still love to hear other suggestions!

Thank you!

-Claire, single mom by choice, 28 weeks so still have a bit of time and still hoping to avoid once again having a 4-day old unnamed baby like my poor Fiona!

Re: More ideas for Fiona's sister?

Hi Claire, I love your daughter's name Fiona Violet! I do think Mirabel would be a good sibling name. Rose is beautiful but does seem a little lacklustre next to Fiona. Do you like Rosalie? Here are some other suggestions. Hope you like one of them. Best wishes, Mischa.
    Daphne
    Gillian
    Felicity (if you don't mind two "F" names)
    Penelope
    Maeve
    Cecily
    Imogen
    Jemima
    Tabitha
    Rebecca
    Bridget
    Elspeth
    Gwendolyn
    Tamsin
    Jessamine
    Verity
    Petula
    Romilly
    Beatrix
    Amabel
    Elodie
    Hermione
    Celeste
    Matilda
    Eloise
    Ariadne
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Re: More ideas for Fiona's sister?

I love Fiona, and do think it merits some nice name pairing! I love Mirabel, but brainstorming sake:

Rosalie is a great suggestion, imo. Or Rosalia.

Okay, I've been on Nameberry for a week now and keep seeing the same names over and over, so I'm going to try for some different ones:

Caitlyn
    Stella
    Estelle
    Maris
    Maggie
    Piper
    Pippa
    Therese