Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camellia vs. Magnolia

So I'm torn between these two names... help me pick?

Camellia (undecided on middle name/nickname) or Magnolia June "Maggie" ?

Thanks

Re: Camellia vs. Magnolia

Oh, gosh, I know why you're undecided. Camellia and Magnolia are two beautiful flower names. Let's see... Camellia is closely related to the Camille/Camilla family of names and the version Camila is pretty popular in the Hispanic communities. It's also similar in sound to Amelia which is increasing in popularity too. Nicknames could be Cami, Millie, Amy, Ella etc... On the other hand, I do love your combo of Magnolia June (it's romantic, elegant and has a Southern flair to it) and Magnolia seems to have the better nn options of Maggie or Nola. OK, I'm going to have to choose Magnolia June! Good luck, Mischa.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I really love both of these names, both are underused flower names. However, I am slightly favouring Camellia because she seems more usable in the real world (like Mischa said close to Camille/Camilla/Amelia). I love the nns Milly and Cami for Camillia and prefer Nola for Magnolia.

Good luck!
    *Matilda*Louisa*Vivian*Penelope*Ramona*Dahlia*Fion a*
    *Dashiell*Ronan*Jasper*Arthur*Jude*Flynn*Leo*

I am slightly favouring Camellia because she seems more usable in the real world
    I agree with this. I love all the variations of Camellia/Camille. It seems much more classic, while being a fun name for a girl, but also a grown up name too. I am not that fond of Magnolia or the name Maggie, so I definitely would go with Camellia.

Thanks all! Just to make it clear, though, I'm not expecting - I'm a teen berry

I think I'm sticking with Magnolia.