Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Can anyone get on board with Elma???

WOW--Thanks so much! I have A LOT to think about!...a good and bad thing, I guess! (esp for DH) I'm just so all over the place because I love the FN Isla and the MN June, but I really want to honor my great grandma because I just loved her so...If I didn't have a Mae I think we would for sure go with June Christa or something along those lines, but...Do you think Isla is too much of a stretch to honor Elma? I get some of the same feel with that (just a little daintier) but I just don't know if I'm trying too hard...I just don't want to name her something and then down the line wish I would have done it differently. Thanks again for all the input--you guys are the BEST!!!....and keep it coming!

I a word -- no.

That should be "In a word, no."

Why not Isla June Christene?

Hi, I think Isla is a beautiful first name, and I think two middle names would be a great solution, using your loved grandmother's name (either one!) and your favourite June as well! Elma is very unusual at the moment, but can easily be nicknamed Ella etc if you wanted to use it as a first name, but have a mainstream option. Best wishes!

I have to dissent, and ask why not Elma? It's soft and feminine, but not insubstantial - just like Isla, actually. Yes, it's very unusual, but it shares sounds with so many popular names - Emma and Amelia, Ella and Eleanor et cetera - that I think it's very accessible. Plus, the nickname options of Elle, Ella and Ellie do allow more conformity if she should ever feel less confident about her name.

I saw it written down recently (I can't quite remember where, I've got a feeling it was a colour of nail polish or lipstick or the like) and thought how lovely it was. Elma June would be a beautiful, vintage choice.

Auburn