Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: In theory, siblings for Vera

Thanks erb2010! I like Verity quite a lot too, and virtue names are a thing in the family, but Vera is more connected to my family meanings (long story). You hit a point: I feel like Vera sort of requires shorter sibling names, and I tend to like longer names, maybe because the last name is pretty short. But I love Vera so much I don't mind.

Thanks for your suggestions! I have particularly considered:

Adele
    Audrey
    Cleo
    Daphne
    Esther
    Greta
    Helen/Helena
    Iris
    Lucy/Lucia
    Margo
    Mercy
    Ruby
    Sophie/Sophia

And I do like many of the others they just probably will be not final contenders for one reason or another.

Thanks again! I keep checking if anyone wants to post...also any more thoughts on boys names are welcome (or sibling sets, first/middle combos).

All best!

I love Vera! It would have been "the one" for us if our very good friends hadn't recently used it for their daughter.
    Their daughters are:
    Vera and Cora - I just think it is the most gorgeous sibset ever.

Thanks modruby! That is a really lovely combo.

My own preference would be to mix it up a little more than that, but they do have a lovely sound together (Vera and Mila/Myla is actually one of my favorite combos, but I worry it's too close...maybe not. Plus I really like Miles for a boy, so that's another thing : D).

I guess what I'm coming to wonder is if my problem is more that the other names I like don't match in meaningfulness, more than that they don't match in style (style's still absolutely part of it, for sure).

Anyone have an experience with that issue in naming? A good friend of mine seems to be going through something similar, actually.

Really appreciate all the sound-boarding!