Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In theory, siblings for Vera

Hi everyone!

I'm not expecting, not ttc, but look forward to that time in my life and love to brainstorm/daydream on names.

Vera is a name with a ton of meaning for me.

Often when I try to pair it with other names I like, I feel like they don't match up as nicely as some of my other favorites.

So, if you don't mind discussing very hypothetical children, who do you think Vera's brothers and sisters would be? Middle name suggestions welcome too if you want. Last name is one syllable and starts with B.

I may chime in with some of my other favorites later, but I'm curious to see what people say on their own.

Other thoughts on Vera are welcome too; if they are negative, I am not sensitive, and this is all very abstract at this point in time anyway.

Thanks!

[Edit to add: When I hear this name in my head, it's with the VAIR-a prn to rhyme with Sarah, not the VEER-a prn, if that matters to anyone. At this stage in the game at least, I don't mind the two-prn problem of this name.]

Re: In theory, siblings for Vera

Hi Jesba,

I really like the name Vera, I nearly chose it for my daughters middle name. I had only ever thought of the VEEra pronunciation, but I actually like the sound of VAIRa, it's much softer.

Anyway, some names I thought might sit well with Vera... I hope the same ending 'ah" sound doesn't bother you

Elena
    Edith
    Saskia
    Imogen
    Magda / Magdalene
    Freya
    Mila
    Iris
    Clio
    Irene/a

x abelle

I like Vera! It's very pretty and has a vintage charm to it =)

Possible sisters:
    Eloise
    Beulah
    Rosa
    Sallie
    Lydia
    Susan
    Sabine
    Sophia (alright for popularity reasons I wouldn't suggests sisters named Vera and Sophia but don't u think they sound nice 2gether?)

Brothers:
    Edgar
    Brenton
    Salvatore
    Malaki
    Aiden (again 4 popularity reasons I wouldn't make the 2 sibs but Aiden and Vera sound so adorable)

Hoped I helped =)
    Abigail "Abby", Beatrix "Trixie", Charlotte "Charlie", Dianna "Annie" Sisters 4 Life <3

Top Two Combos: Violet Moon and Harrison Pike "Harry"

Thank you both for the suggestions and thoughts! Glad to see the name get some positive reactions. And it's interesting to see some of your suggestions are or are close to the ones I was thinking "maybe" on...will have to change to "probably" : D, see below.

@abelle: I like the VEERa prn too, just prefer VAIRa slightly. Name sites often have VAIRa mentioned, but not always. I think actress Vera Farmiga prns it this way, but Vera Wang and Vera Bradley are both VEERa (?). I speak a lot of Spanish at work, so I think that's part of my prn preference - it's the word for "true", and it has more that vowel.

It strikes me as the sort of thing people would probably fix quickly if corrected, what do you think?
    Last name is pretty easy, so that helps.

I don't mind repeated -a endings, I don't think, they're so common on girls. If I were planning on 8 kids, maybe I'd think more on it, but in all likelihood it will be three or fewer. If it comes to 8 through fate, I'll have more on my mind than whether the girls all end in -a or not : D.

Of both of your suggestions, I've considered for girls:
    Elena (but more likely Helena, Helen, or Eleanor - Elena's great but these three speak to me more)
    Imogen
    Magda/Magdalene (lots of family meaning here too!)
    Mila (uncanny as this is one of the few names I've REALLY seen fitting in the past)
    Iris
    Clio
    Eloise (but maybe as Louisa)
    Rosa (and also Rosemary)
    Lydia
    Susan (probably as Susannah)
    Sophia (yes! It is great with Vera! Interesting! But, related to popularity, a friend used it : D. If a friend uses Vera, I think I might still just go with it because of family meaning, but Sophia I can't justify as much)

For boys Edgar (but more likely Edward) and Malaki (I prefer spelled Malachi) have crossed my mind.

Interesting to see something so Biblical as Malachi suggested as I tend to really like Biblical names for boys (and girls, but more boys) and so far haven't been loving them with Vera...maybe I'll come around.

Seeing that someone else sees these as natural fits means a lot to me! Thank you!

I like the other suggestions too but they're less my style - although I'll come back to them since styles change!

More thoughts welcome if anyone's interested.

I love Vera. I like both pronunciations. This is on our list as a nn for Verity. I think it has no trouble standing on its own, but we already have two daughters with longer names so feel it's better as a nn for us and happen to love Verity. We probably won't actually use it unfortunately because our ln starts with D. Is that a deal breaker?

I met an adorable little Vera the other day funnily enough. Her sister's name was Ada, which I think is really cute. Those names are quite refreshing compared to most I hear at the playground! Other ideas-

Adele
    Agnes
    Amity
    Audrey
    Azalea
    Blythe
    Cleo
    Daphne
    Esme
    Esther
    Eve
    Fleur