Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Radley

Re: Radley

No. If anything it's closer to Bradley in sound than Riley. I don't get Riley from it at all, honestly! I just think great literature! And that's always neat, right? Dashiell and Radley. I like it! But, yes, I definitely think a strong and sturdy middle name combination (i.e., Radley William Warfield) is in order. I could see a little boy with hair a bit darker than Dash's being a Radley... ;-)

L
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I agree with Lemon, I think it's closer to Bradley than Riley too. The other possibility which it sounds like is Hadley, which when I looked it up I was surprised to see is trending girls, but only around the 400's.

Certainly I don't think it's too close to Riley and in fact I think it's a very nice alternative for a boy to Riley which seems to have swung more or less over to the girls. I think it goes well with Dashiell too and like Lemon said, with a nice strong traditional male name it's very clear as to the gender.

I like it.
    Chelsea
    - Named after the place. A guy named Chelsea, who through his name became fascinated with names.

Current favorites
    Girls: Alexandra, Cambria, Catrin, Claire, Emma, Gemma, Louise, Kirsty, Sutton, Tess, Zoe

Boys: Bryn, Brit, Guy, Xavier

Hmm, I just wrote a comment and I don't know where it went. Do you think this boy looks like a Radley? http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/201...ar-old-boy.jpg I think so.

I'm excited that Radley has gotten such a positive response! I wasn't really expecting it. I liked it a lot before and now I like it even more . Radley William Warfield really is handsome, isn't it? I can actually see myself using this one, how exciting!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Quote Originally Posted by lyndsayjenness
    Hmm, I just wrote a comment and I don't know where it went. Do you think this boy looks like a Radley? http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/201...ar-old-boy.jpg I think so.
    Yes, that's little Rad! :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Honestly, I don't like it. I'm in the minority but if just feels like the B was left of Bradley. I think you'll have to correct a lot of people who think they're mishearing you and so take on the B. I also think 'rad' is a dated word and gives the same feel to the nn.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!