Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Still searching! Need a name for Ellodie’s sister

What about Isla - that's my little girls name and I love Elodie, so thought we may have similar tastes.

Or Ashlin, Cliona, Claudia, Nieve, Audrey?

I'm expecting a baby in November. If it's a girl I'm thinking: Imogen, Beth, Madeline... but not sure if they are as special as Isla.

I know a little Elodie (Claire), who's big sister is Soleil (Lisette). I think Elodie and Soleil are GORGEOUS together, if you like it. I also really like Juliette off of your list.
    Good luck!
    Natalie
    Natalie • 18 year old name enthusiast
    ~~~~~
    For a lovely lady: Julia, Claire, Naomi, Elizabeth/Betsy, Lydia, Helen, Alice, Susanna
    For a dashing gentleman: Milo, Patrick, Gideon, Nolan, Espen, Calvin, Will

Hi let me think of a few names for Ellodie's sister,

Melia this is a sweet name that works really well with Ellodie.

Also
    Celeste not heard often but while it has a heavenly meaning it is also grounded and not over the top.
    Camille or Camilla a very feminine and flowing name that blends beautifully
    Gabrielle always pretty
    Oceane an unusual but ever so pretty
    Annabel
    Anneliese
    Mahalia
    Melisande

Combos
    Celeste Evangeline
    Camilla Violet
    Camilla Faith
    Gabrielle Victoria
    Gabrielle Sophia
    Oceane Josephine
    Mahalia Jane
    Mahalia Joy
    Melisande June
    Anneliese Matilda
    Annabel Iris
    Annabel Maria (Biblical Mary)
    Verity Jane - verity = truth

Hope that this helps.

rollo
    Psalm 23

Thank you all so much! There are some really fabulous suggestions here. I just need to get buy in from my husband. It was so easy to name our first daughter, I think we just never really thought we would have a second girl. It is almost embarrassing how much time I have spent researching names and your input and suggestions mean a lot to me. I will definitely post again when we make a decision.

Erem: Your list is fantastic and will take us some time to play with some of those suggestions

Amac119: I love Isla. Do you pronounce it Eye-la or EEE-La? Have people had trouble pronouncing her name correctly? I think the name is so beautiful, but my husband is concerned that we would always be correcting people on the pronunciation (and I have always loved audrey, I really don’t know why my husband won’t come around on that one)

name-obsession: Soleil Lisette is lovely, another great one to run by the husband

Rollo: Melia would sound very nice with our last name, and I LOVE Oceane, I will definitely get my husband to look at your list…there are so many names that I find appealing, but without his buy in, it just doesn’t feel right.

Other names I have been thinking of lately and would like opinions on:
    Lydia
    Leonie
    Lily
    Lyra
    Lila
    Linnea
    Darla
    Felicity
    Joy
    and I still love Juliette

I just don’t want to arrive at the hospital without a name and then regret whatever I settle on. My fear is that I will find the name I should have named her when she is about 3 months old and want to change it and I know that won’t really be an option.

We pronounce Isla's name EYE-la, you do get the odd IS-la or even Ilsa... people not reading name properly on the Ilsa one! But not as often as I thought people would mispronounce. I think actress Isla Fisher becoming more popular has helped people recognise the name.

Lila is pretty. I met a lady called Lilia the other day, thought that was beautiful! And I've added Adele to my list of favourites! Adele and Ellodie also works.

Good luck with the decision! I'm sure you will make the right decision for your little girl when it comes to it, in a few months when she is here you will think no other name would have suited her.