Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Tell me what you really think...

Although Scout is nrms, I'm going to have to disagree with the previous posters. I think it can stand alone just fine. I've heard of the name Scout before, but never as a nn. If that's the name you love and want to call her, then I think that it's a totally usable choice. IMO, it's no stranger than other modern word names such as Story or Lyric. I don't find it 'cutesy', so I think it can age well. Congrats and good luck!

I would call the Scarlett Elizabeth or Scarlett Frances and n.n. her Scout!
    Mama to Theodore Adl3r Emm3tt "Theo" born April 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!! It's a GIRL!!!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

Another vote for Scarlett Frances, nn Scout! Utterly gorgeous!
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

Totally agree with pp- love the Scarlett Frances and nn as Scout. I almost used Scout as a middle name for my first dd.
    Just another thought- wdyt of Frances Scout? Very cute and u could still call her Scout as her mn.
    I do agree that u don't want Scout on future job/university applications. Keep as nn or mn. Love it!

I know two adult Scouts (in their mid 20s and mid 30s) and both have done just fine for themselves. They're also two of the only people I know who've volunteered that they love their names. One is a lawyer and one is a hippie. I can't get behind Scout as a nickname for Scarlett; it just doesn't make sense to me. But I'm a fan of naming a kid what you plan to call them.