Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alia Honoree

Alia Honoree

AH-lee-ah on-ore-AY
    Do these names go together?
    Other names in the running: Adelle, Aurora, Monserrat, Lucia

Re: Alia Honoree

I quite like Alia the way you're pronouncing it...it isn't a name I've ever considered but it has a very nice sound. I'm not in love with Honoree but I do think it makes a nice middle name. I think with Alia, though, it has too many vowels for me.

My favorite off your list is definitely Aurora, one of my favorite names of all time! I also like Adele. Good luck!
    Proud father of Camille (8), Zachary (6), Laura (4), Juliet and Benjamin (6 months).

I'm having a hard time with Honoree--it just looks like the word honoree to me. When I first read the subject I thought you were asking about honoring someone named Alia. I really like Alia Montserrat (and I prefer this spelling to Monserrat). It's unexpected and has a sophisticated feel.
    Mom to Conrad James and baby due May 2014

I think that both names have rather ambiguous pronunciation, so I might not use the two in combination. I also think the flow is a bit difficult where they meet in the middle. I would prefer Alia Lucia or Adele Honoree.

Alia has a great sound any way you say it, but when I look at this name I see Aaliyah or Aleah pronunciations (uh Lee uh), so that might be a factor. This way also looks like "inter alia", which I think is ALya or A-lyuh. It also kind of looks like Aila and Alla. Be ready for all that if you use it. If you're not committed to it but very into it, Dahlia or Talia/Natalia actually probably get you the sound you want almost as often, if not more. Natalia could have Alia has a nn.

Honoree is lovely although I can see others' points about the spelling/pronunciation issues. I think in middle position it probably doesn't matter sooo much.

I like your other names in the running, agree Montserrat is a preferred spelling. Adele maybe too is a preferred spelling? Aurora is lovely.

Lucia is one of my favorite names - so cross-cultural!

All best!