Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names that mean "Dream"?

What names out there mean "dream" or "to dream", all language welcome?
    ...Mommy of 2 handsome boys, James Hamilton (4yrs) and Silas Augustine (2.5yrs). New addition 10/14!
    Girls- Blythe, Adeline, Freya, Sabina, Lydia, Vesper
    Boys- Isaac, Archer, Henry, Barnabas, Caleb, Gideon
    www.savingsons.org
    www.drmomma.org
    www.birthwithoutfearblog.com

Re: Names that mean "Dream"?

Boys or girls? Girls:
    Aisling (Gaelic, dream)
    Sanja (Croatian, dream)
    Maya (Sanskrit, illusion, but I thought it was close enough)
    Boys:
    Morpheus (Greek god of dreams, means "shapes," as in shapes dreams)
    Arman (Kazakh, dream)
    Almos (Hungarian, dreamy)

Thanks Daisy! My bff is having a girl and is looking for "dream" as mn. How do you pronounce Aisling?
    ...Mommy of 2 handsome boys, James Hamilton (4yrs) and Silas Augustine (2.5yrs). New addition 10/14!
    Girls- Blythe, Adeline, Freya, Sabina, Lydia, Vesper
    Boys- Isaac, Archer, Henry, Barnabas, Caleb, Gideon
    www.savingsons.org
    www.drmomma.org
    www.birthwithoutfearblog.com

For girls I also really like:
    Anoushka: Hindi/Sanskrit for "one who fulfills their dreams and aspirations"
    Lourdes: From the French place where a vision of Mary was seen. A bit of a stretch to dream, but nice.
    Josephine: Doesn't mean dream but the Biblical Joseph of the OT was known for his visions.
    Penelope: Means weaver, which to me is connected with the idea of dream weaving. I think the implication is more fate weaver...
    Ariadne: also connected to weaving for me because of the Greek story where she uses a thread to get out of the Labyrinth.

For boys:
    Ramiel/Remiel: Supposedly Arabic/Hebrew versions of the name of an angel responsible for divine visions. I had never heard this name before but really like it!
    Joseph: see above.

Besides Joseph there are several dreams of importance in the Bible, so if you're religious and/or comfortable with Christian/Jewish traditions, it might be worth looking. Like the names won't mean dream, but there is an association with dreams, like Joseph. Some that come to mind are Jacob/Israel, Mary etc., Emmanuel/Emmanuelle etc., Gabriel/Gabrielle. There are probably similar ones in the Koran/Arabic and every other religious tradition but I'm less familiar.

Best wishes!

Aishling is pn ash-lyn. Ashlyn is an alternative spelling. There's also Fantasia and Kalpana which mean fantasy/illusion. Esha, Kama, Kamana, Querida, Evelyn (and variants) which mean desire/desired. Amani (desires, aspirations, wishes), Maram (aspirations), Naziya (high aspirations), Artemisa (whole and perfect), Kamilah (perfection), Kelila (perfection), Irmina (wonderful), Jaffa (wonderful), Peliah (wonderful) and Shani (wonderful).

Any of those any good? Jess x