Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Edwardian Names - Araminta, Artemisia, Aspasia, Anastasi

Quote Originally Posted by nephele
    That's a tough one to decipher, all right. Perhaps the census taker misheard or misspelled the name that was given to him? I know that Aggeliki is a common feminine Greek name (the English equivalent being "Angelica").

-- Nephele
    That's was often the case with the previous census but the 1911 census was written by the head of the household. I can only imagine that the husband wasn't sure how to spell the name and so just guessed.

I do love that her mother is called Caliope
    Trends, styles and quirks of British names:
    www.britishbabynames.com

Artemisia Desdemona - now that is a real gem right there. I can't decide whether or not I like it, but it sure does jump out at you. Or is that just me?
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

[FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by calypsotheoneandonly View Post
    Artemisia Desdemona - now that is a real gem right there. I can't decide whether or not I like it, but it sure does jump out at you. Or is that just me?
    Yes! It definitely popped out of the list! And Anastasia Gwendoline, swoon.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Just lurking since the birth of my son S. G. A.
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Oriana, Anaxandra, Sebastiana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Caspian, Theron, Salvatore