Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Edgy, industrial, futuristic names

Hi everyone! I'm in need some name ideas for a novel I'm planning, and I hope you can help.

The story takes place around 2050, in an urban, industrial city. Humanity has been at war with vampires for ten years. One of the main characters is a female FBI agent trained to hunt and kill vampires. The other main character is a male vampire, the first ever discovered, who had been used as a test subject for several years before escaping. (Yes, they are going to fall in love. No, I am not a Twilight fan.)

I'm looking for edgy, industrial, futuristic names for various characters, both human and vampire - preferrably names that aren't actual names. Some names will be chosen by vampires for themselves after being turned, so they don't have to be believable as given names. To give you an idea of what I'm looking for, here's what I've got so far:

- Sona
    - Dane
    - Ajax
    - Reznor
    - Finnick
    - Nyx
    - Arris
    - Nova
    - Vega
    - Vox
    - Hinge
    - Raze
    - Radius
    - Apoch

I'm especially looking for a name for the male lead. He was originally going to be a rather old vampire, so I'd given him the name Sebastian, classic and romantic. However, I've since changed my mind; now, he would've been born somewhere around 2010. So, his name shouldn't be too out there, like the others. And it should fit with Sona, the female lead.

Tons of thanks in advance!

Re: Edgy, industrial, futuristic names

Sounds wicked!

Domini
    Fawke
    Byrd
    Shadrax
    Paradox
    Zeetah
    Zed

How about Dashiell for your dude who was born in 2010? It's got an old school flavour to it, but it's definitely making a comeback at the moment!

Cool! How about:

Guys:
    Tyr
    Po
    Hax
    Vim
    Pinn
    Lonn
    Fath
    Jarno
    Cyno
    Yanto
    Yari
    Reglin

Girl:
    Pru
    Eilo/Aylo
    Bit
    Bet
    Ahn
    Nym
    Mim
    Cass
    Suli
    Miri
    Nya
    Niva
    Perlo
    Priya

No great ideas for the lead vamp, but I could see something like Quinn, Bran, Tyce, Leo, Vance, Ari. Or something a bit more classic like Oliver, Harrison, and I like pp's suggestion of Dashiell.

This is fun, I need to visit the writer's corner more often!

I don't have any name suggestions at the moment, but I did want to tell you that I think your story idea is awesome. Definitely sounds like something I would read.

PS. Your vampires don't sparkle do they? :P

Oh goodness no, my vampires won't sparkle. No vampires should sparkle!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I love Zed (especially being Canadian), and Domini gave me the idea of Domino, which will fit one of my characters perfectly!