Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Get to know each other!

Good thread! I know there used to be one, but I have no idea where to find it!

I'm Lyndsay and I'm 25. My husband's name is Chris (well, Christopher) and we have a 2 year old named Dashiell who nameberry helped name! I've been here on and off since almost the beginning. We live in Pennsylvania now, but I was born and raised in California. I love crafting and thrift store shopping. I stay at home with Dash during the day and work evenings. I waste too much time on the internet. I'm starting a huge vegetable garden tomorrow, pretty excited to add "gardening" to my interests! I've been a namenerd since I was at least a preteen, but it probably started before that. I'm pretty sarcastic and find it difficult to bite my tongue, which gets me into trouble sometimes.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

It's nice to meet everyone!

What an awesome name, I think it's really original and fun. Was it hard growing up with a name like Chelsea?

Jay, are they your kids in the signature, they have lovely names!
    James Orion and Charlotte Maia (27/4/2011)

Add me in as another guy! Like Chelsea I have a gender-confusing name, but mine is not as extreme as his (I'm Kelly). I'm mostly here because of my interest in names (I don't plan on having kids anytime soon).

Awww Chelsea! I am Chelsey! Never met a male with the name or too many females either. Probably only around 8 my whole life. My mom says she named me after Chelsea in the UK but wanted to change it because some people pronounce it chel-see-ah when it's spelled with the a. I didn't believe her until I had a high school english class, one of the books we read had a character named Chelsea. My teacher pronounced it like that, an english teacher! So crazy. I like having the Y, my s/o is Bryan with a Y. We're cute :lol:
    Mommy to Ari Jo (Joseph) born on the fabulous 9/10/11<3

Loving for our next: Eli Cash, Tully Kimberly & Perry Rue

Neat thread!

Its nice to "meet" everyone! Me and SO have been together for 4 years and should be getting married soon. Well as soon as we can scrape up enough money to pay for a wedding, we will see how long that takes :P I have been name obsessed my whole life, part of it steming from my own dislike for my name (I'm not really a Leah). You can see my current favorites in my siggy. We both have strong German heritage (with the exception of my mil who is Italian ) and family is very important to us. We want our children to have meaningful well thought out names that reflect their heritage and tie them to their family. I will be getting my PhD in Genetics and Cell biology and hope to be a college professor some day. We are not planning children for another 5 years, but Ive been naming babies for nearly my entire life, so its never too soon imo.
    *Under Construction*