Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Get to know each other!

Chelsea--Were you named for he football team?

Not really, but my mother sold it to my Dad that way in part. She said it was more the place in London that she named me after and the connection she had to there.
    Chelsea
    - Named after the place. A guy named Chelsea, who through his name became fascinated with names.

Current favorites
    Girls: Alexandra, Cambria, Catrin, Claire, Emma, Gemma, Louise, Kirsty, Sutton, Tess, Zoe

Boys: Bryn, Brit, Guy, Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by cka
    Nice idea for a thread.

My name is Chelsea. I am, as I understand, one of a few guys here and so I am not pregnant But my interest in names stems from being given a girl's name, albeit when it was still uncommon, and then growing up as it became increasingly more popular for girls. Originally from the UK I now live in the US.
    Hey, another guy on Nameberry here. I'm Jay and although I was born in the US, my family is from the UK as well. I used to visit this website constantly to get advice when we were naming our twins (who were born in January). My interest in names stems from the boring name that I got, especially compared to my brother's name, Reeve. It must have been an interesting experience as you grew up to realize that so many girls had your name, Chelsea. Do you go by any nicknames?
    Proud father of Camille (8), Zachary (6), Laura (4), Juliet and Benjamin (6 months).

Quote Originally Posted by jayjoh
    Hey, another guy on Nameberry here. I'm Jay and although I was born in the US, my family is from the UK as well. I used to visit this website constantly to get advice when we were naming our twins (who were born in January). My interest in names stems from the boring name that I got, especially compared to my brother's name, Reeve. It must have been an interesting experience as you grew up to realize that so many girls had your name, Chelsea. Do you go by any nicknames?
    Hi Jay! I've now met two guys on the forum. How many more are there? I mostly go by Chels' as a nn and yes, definitely some interesting experiences growing up and insights looking back etc.
    Chelsea
    - Named after the place. A guy named Chelsea, who through his name became fascinated with names.

Current favorites
    Girls: Alexandra, Cambria, Catrin, Claire, Emma, Gemma, Louise, Kirsty, Sutton, Tess, Zoe

Boys: Bryn, Brit, Guy, Xavier

If we're lucky, Chelsea is going to be posting a guest blog on being a boy with that name.