Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I change her name?

So, I've searched high and low for another name that I like and I've found it. The name is Violet. However, I named my DD Gabriella (nn Bella). I love the name, and I love how princess-y and frilly the name is. But I never thought it would be so annoying to have to correct people on the nn Gabby (which I don't like at all, but everyone seems to call her that at first). I mean, I can deal with it, just never thought it was an automatic go to name. Oh well.

I just need to deal and move on, as I really do love my DD's name. I wish I didn't regret so much and doubt my choices. Really need to work on the confidence thing. Anyway, just needed to vent!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

Re: Should I change her name?

Violet and Gabriella are both beautiful names. Personally I don't think I could change my child's name just because of the nickname issue but it seems to bother you a lot so maybe it's worth considering.
    I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but are you sure it's really her name that's the problem? I only ask because I know a few people who have considered changing their babies names and in some of those cases it wasn't really about the name. The mom was unhappy or stressed out for some other reason and was just projecting the problems onto the name. Once she was happier with everything else, she ended up feeling better about the name as well. I'm not saying that's the case here, but I just wanted to mention it.
    If you do decide to change her name then I think Violet is a beautiful choice. Good luck with your decision.

oh not rude at all and totally get where your coming from. I think I might change the name, but to something with the same ending sound so that my Dh doesn't have to tell anyone that he doesn't want to, that we changed her name. He would just use a nn. I don't care, I would tell people, haha. Thinking of some similar names now. Thanks for the advice hun!!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

I love both of your names, I think you should really think about it hard, well duh? I'm sure you'd have regrets on both names, whichever one you choose. I know how you feel, I'm terrified of choosing the wrong names, or regretting my choices. It's such a big responsibility naming your children. I know where you're coming from, regretting because of stress and other people's opinions and assumptions. That's why I don't intend to tell my twins names until they're born. I don't think a little nickname issue is enough to change a name, you have to correct them a few times and I'm sure they'll get it. Just go with what feels right. I hope I helped, and good luck.
    James Orion and Charlotte Maia (27/4/2011)

Thanks! Well, Dh agreed! And we are going to look into the process of changing her name. I know which name fits her best I just hope it doesn't cost thousands of dollars to do, 'cause then my Dh won't go for it. I really really hope this works out as I know now that I picked the wrong name for my DD.