Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name of Isla Fisher's new baby revealed - Elula!

Re: Name of Isla Fisher's new baby revealed - Elula!

I saw that!!! Over at Youcantcallitit she is reporting that the full name is Elula Lottie Miriam Cohen.

http://youcantcallitit.com/2011/03/04/elula-cohen/

I actually kinda like it. I'm pronouncing it Eh-LU-la (don't know if that's right!) so it reminds me of Tallulah. Maybe its pronounced YOU-la? YEWL-la? Yeah, I have no idea ops:

I don't think its the best fit with sister Olive though.......
    Mama to Theodore Adl3r Emm3tt "Theo" born April 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!! It's a GIRL!!!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

Why all the secrecy about their baby's name Elula? Were they too embarrassed to reveal it? Perhaps they kept it under wraps because it's so terrible Well, I didn't think I would ever have to say this but here goes: a girl named Olive got the best name in the family! They should have called her Miriam.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Well, I like Eulalie and this is so close, but it reminds me of uvula. And it seems really hard to say.

I love Eulalie partly because it rolls off the tongue so well - Elula, sadly, does not. I love the Lula ending, though, even if it is a tad bit cutesy, but why choose a name that is (1) challenging to say and (2) so very, very close to mommy Isla's name?

Elula Lottie Miriam, was it? Hm. What are Olive's middle names? I will say I adore Olive. It's quirky and hipster and totally chic in a geeky, old-lady way. Plus, it's got Liv and Livy as nicknames - two of my favorites. Olive and Elula. Just - no. I don't hate Elula, but I don't like it with Olive.

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude