Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nearly back to back pregnancies?

Mostly I just need to vent, I guess. But has anyone else had this happen? My twins are two days short of three months, and I just found out I'm pregnant again. I suppose things happen for a reason, and we do want more children, but this is a lot sooner than planned. I'm just overwhelmed thinking about it, I guess.
    Mother of Theodore Atlas and Katherine Juno
    Teddy and Kitty

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9783054

Re: Nearly back to back pregnancies?

First, Congratulations! Second, back to back isn't all bad! I'm actually ttc and my son is just shy of 6mos old. I had the realization recently-- I'm at church the other morning and a friend who is 9mos along is being put through the ringer by her 2 year old, and I think to myself...okay, I want my babies closer or further apart than a newborn and a 2yo for sure!!!

I can imagine your frustration having just given birth to twins and finding yourself pregnant again. My bff has twins and is ttc (the twins are 4years old now). Her concern is that now her kids will be too far apart. But, I spent many a sleepless night up with one or the other twin helping her out and can hardly imagine doing it while pregnant. Its a big, scary (but exciting!) event.

Back to back pregnancies are hard on the mommy, but some people say that its nice to finish with all the sleepless nights and diapers asap rather than finish up with one (or twins!) only to start all over with the next from scratch , and its nice to have siblings close in age who are in school together. Also, some mommies wait too long and then have trouble ttc. Maybe that's only minor comfort when you face twins and a pregnancy, but women are crazy strong in that way...which is why men don't give birth ;-) Women may get overwhelmed, but seldom fail to overcome! Another dear friend has a 6mo girl and is 3mos pregnant now, this will be her 4th child! You aren't alone in your situation. You may find moms of multiples in your area via some website like fertilichat for support.

So, again, congrats, believe it or not others out there might be a tad jealous of you, I am a bit! The blessings of tiny hands and feet are reasons enough for me ;-) besides, now you can pick out another awesome name!
    ...Mommy of 2 handsome boys, James Hamilton (4yrs) and Silas Augustine (2.5yrs). New addition 10/14!
    Girls- Blythe, Adeline, Freya, Sabina, Lydia, Vesper
    Boys- Isaac, Archer, Henry, Barnabas, Caleb, Gideon
    www.savingsons.org
    www.drmomma.org
    www.birthwithoutfearblog.com

First off: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am on my 3rd on of those now... I have 15m and 4m old daughters and am 8wks preg again. We actually planned it like this so it's not so scary for us but I won't deny that it is hard work and extremely tiring! Can't imagine being pregnant with young twins around. The only advice I can give is take a day at a time, relax and be happy about the impending arrival of the newest member of your family and take any offers of help however small - they make all the difference.
    Mum to Tabitha Rachel (Bit), Jemima Lucy (Jem), Leander Edward (Lee) and our angel Frederick Daniel (Freddy) who lit up our lives for a day before passing into a better place.

Congrats! I'm sure you are very overwhelmed - as anyone would be. But you said it - things happen for a reason and even though it may seem impossible, you will handle it all and one day look back and miss all those babies being babies. Can't wait to see your name list ! Like the pp said - believe it or not, I'm a tad jealous, having your babies close in age will make the 3rd one not feel so left out since he/she likely won't be a twin. You'll probably end up raising them more like triplets! Good luck - I'm sure you're still in shock -

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and you're all completely right. It will be nice for the three of them to be close in age. Although, I'm honestly afraid of having twins again. Fraternal run in my family, and I read once you have one set the probability of having another set increases a significant amount.
    Mother of Theodore Atlas and Katherine Juno
    Teddy and Kitty

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9783054