Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michael??

Re: Michael??

Trust your instincts. There's a reason why you're reluctant with the overused Michael. There are other less used classics. No one wants to be known as "the other Michael". Why don't you explore names that make a better fitting sibling set with Connor?
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

I like Michael in comparison with the everlasting popularity of Elizabeth which I think has been done to death. In fact if I hear of another Elizabeth I will scream. I think Michael is a nice touch for children of today. It is a refreshing choice because nowadays there aren't many Michaels under the age of 10 y.o. I like David for the same reason. I think a Michael is a good name and it would be a shame for it to disappear from sight for another 20 years or so.

I really don't like the modern equivalent of Michael which is Micah. I think it sounds like someone forgot the 'l'.

So what if it is a very well known name. I am sure it won't reach the most popular name list anytime soon and isn't popularity the thing that the nameberry type of namers dread the most?
    Psalm 23

We are considering Miles which is a derivative of Michael. My dad's middle name is Michael. Do you like Miles?

I think that if you like a name that is as popular as Michael is, you can't really worry about its popularity b/c there will ALWAYS be other Michaels.

Another idea would be to use initials, like call Michael James MJ. (Just an example.)

It's a nice name. A solid name. And too overused for my liking. My hubby's name is Michael and I've told him from day one that there is NO WAY that will be our son's first name if we have a boy. He wants to pass on the naming trend (my FIL is Michael as well) and I told him his son would still be Michael C., just ________ Michael C instead of Michael __________ C. It can be a middle name, but I'm just totally against the first name.

I hope you like your last name's initial because as a Michael, he'll be Michael S., Michael J., or whatever. Why not just pick John and truly go blah?
    Eddie (to Saffy): Oh, darling, Mummy loves you. On the day you were born I *knew* I wanted you...
    Patsy: However, the day after...