Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michael??

Michael??

Hi Berries.....just wondering everyone's opinion on the name Michael. I do realize the popularity, however I love strong, classic names. My other son is named Connor, and while there are many Gaelic names that I love, it seems as though they are becoming uber-trendy these days. Opinions welcomed!!!!

Re: Michael??

Michael's okay to me. It is a solid classic, but definitely as overdone as a solid classic can be. I like the sound of it, I really do, and I generally don't care about popularity, but Michael is just ridiculous. It's overdone to the point of insanity. I'd bet there's not a block in America without at least one Michael living on it. And so as nice as it is, I can't like it because it's just so dreadfully boring. Still classic, still a nice name, but very, very boring to me.

You really can't go wrong with using a solid and classic name like Michael. I think a person would rather have the name Michael than...gosh I don't know... Aydyn or Dodge or Kelvin.

(just make sure you spell it right-- I'm really disturbed by the # of Micheal's born each year...)
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

Honestly? I find it very boring. There were over 64,000 Michaels born the year that I was. That is enough Michaels to account for nearly everyone living in my town.

Names that have the same feeling as Michael but arent overdone:
    Isaac
    William
    Nathan
    Samuel
    Thomas
    Daniel
    Lucas
    Zachary
    *Under Construction*

I do like the name Michael, but not particularly the nickname Mike. (When I was in 6th grade, unbelievably, there were four or five "Mike"s in my class that year!) It would be fine to use, but I think Michael shines brighter as a middle name.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.