Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: The new look Nameberry

I LOVE it. I do wish the message boards were easier to find, though. But other than that, it's great!
    My girls: Grace Patricia "Gracie Pat" & Eloise Martha "Elsie Mae"
    If we had a baby today: Moira Jane OR Desmond Walter
    Guys: Julian, Amos, Tobias, August, Silas, Peter
    Dolls: Iris, Marian, Hazel, Flora, Margo, Agnes

http://modernmonikers.wordpress.com

Yes, it was a surprise, wasn't it Rollo! It seems to be faster but I'm not too crazy about all of the pastel polka dots all over the place. They give me a headache! Two or three rows would suffice!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Remember how back in the day when you searched for a name with an entry for both genders it logged it as a visit for the boy's version, even if you clicked for the girl one? Now it's doing the opposite, logging it for the girl's one even if you click on the blue one (I can tell by the running log of recently searched names at the top of Nameberry's home page). I thought I'd point this out in case you're using this to keep track of the most searched names (otherwise names like Aidan and James may rank artificially high for girls).

I am loving the new Font & Colors!! On the message board, it might be nice to have the "Board Index" link at the top of the pages stand out more (like it used to), but overall the site is not only prettier, but clearer and easier to read! Nice changes!!

P.S. I am already getting used to the smaller "Board Index" link, so it's okay for me.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.

We're going to be working on the message boards next and hopefully we can get the name linking working again plus create other great new features.

Meanwhile, we'll look into the message board finding issue and also, namefan, the girl name/boy name issue. Both genders now appear on the same page but I hear you about how the pink is what's "registering" on the ticker and the popularity cloud.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry