Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How about Colin??

What does everyone think of the name Colin (or Collin, but I prefer it with one L)?? I love gaelic and celtic names, but some of my favorites are being done to death. Aidan is a favorite, but forget it due to the insane popularity. Colin to me is a nice strong name and I think that it makes a nice sib set with the name Lily for my daughter. Any opinions???

Re: How about Colin??

Colin is a great name but I have a feeling it will soon be in the top 100 names in the US if actor Colin Firth wins the Oscar this month. It's currently at No# 114. There is Callum as an alternative which has cracked the top 1,000. Please don't put another "l" on it as Colin is just fine! Colin and Lillian kind of rhyme a bit at the end and share a strong "l" sound but if you're going with Lily most of the time, it shoudn't be too much of a problem!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I, for one, like Collin with two Ls. But I am not sure I like it with Lily. It is very L heavy, even if you use the Colin version. Corbin?

S.

Although Colin's great, it's simply too popular if not already bordering on overuse. Why don't you select something more distinctive that has some real history? Here are a few to consider:

Callum
    Clement
    Cormac
    Cullen
    Curran
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

I agree, Colin is cute although not very exciting. My cousin named her son Collin about three years ago (to go with big sis Emma) and I remember at the time I was very "Meh" about it. I prefer Callum because it's less popular and less expected but still as cute!
    Mama to Theodore Adler Emmett "Theo" born April 2, 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand