Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My daughter's name is Evyenia. My husband is Greek and his Great Aunt's name is Evyenia. Of course, it is spelled differently in Greece! When we decided to name our daughter this, we tried to spell it like it sounds (knowing that Eugenia is the correct way to translate the name), but we did not like the translation so Evyenia is the spelling we came up with. The VY is a diphthong and the correct pronunciation is Ev-ye-nee-a. We do call her Evy for short! It's a beautiful name!

My best friend is a Eugenia!! She is Greek. She pr. Ev - ye - nee - a.
    Vasiliki ,
    Maeve ~ Persephone ~ Ophelia ~ Rosalind ~ Eleanor ~ Silver ~ Psyche ~ Belladona ~ Calista ~ Raven ~ Winter ~ Imogen ~ Glass ~ Nevermore ~ Remember
    Alaric ~ Amadeus ~ Grey ~ Wolf ~ Damien ~ Dorian ~ Perseus ~ Salem ~ Viktor ~ Edgar ~ Thorn ~ Gideon ~ Lucian ~ Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by balboafalkor View Post
    I have a Russian friend named Evgenia, and it's pronounced "yev-GEN-ia". Other variants: Eugenia, Eug�nie
    My first thought was that it sounded like Evgenia!
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I've heard the name before as well, but I never knew how it was spelled. I like the sound, but the spelling is to complex for me to consider it on my list.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin