Names Searched Right Now:

Boy name ideas please!

Hello,

We're looking for a boys name to go with sister Amiria Fleurette (Amy). Middle name will be Nicholas and surname is Ryan. So far we have come up with Theodore (Theo) and Alexander (Alex) that we like but am not sure about the flow of Theodore Nicholas or having 2 A names? What do you think?

Ideas please: ----- Nicholas Ryan - fill in the blank!

Thanks, Jess

Re: Boy name ideas please!

Hmm...tough one. I guess if it was me, I would tend to stay away from another A name...unless starting all your kids names with the same letter is your thing. Once you have two with the same letter then you're kind of stuck with what to do on the third. As for Theodore Nicholas Ryan...it sounds nice together, but for me it's a little too much. I like to have the fn or mn be shorter if the other is long. That said, there is nothing wrong with it and the flow really isn't bad at all. Good luck!

With Amy's name seeming almost French, you're going to hear some French suggestions from me.

Michael
    Pierre
    Matheo
    Arthur

And now for some less French suggestions: (Actually, since the name Ryan is Irish, maybe you would like an Irish first name?)

___________ Nicholas Ryan
    Edgar
    Edward
    Spencer
    Cedric
    Cormac
    Patrick
    Milo?

Nicholas is a hard name to find a first name for, since you don't want to end the first name with N (otherwise it would run into Nicholas, and when said with the surname it would sound N heavy), but also you don't want to end it with an S, like Phineas, Lucas, Amos or Thomas since that would sound funny.

I like the flow of Theodore Nicholas. If you are done having kids, Alex and Amy is cute, but if you plan on having more, then it might get awkward when you're naming #3.

So much to think about. Happy naming.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by jessryan
    Hello,

We're looking for a boys name to go with sister Amiria Fleurette (Amy). Middle name will be Nicholas and surname is Ryan. So far we have come up with Theodore (Theo) and Alexander (Alex) that we like but am not sure about the flow of Theodore Nicholas or having 2 A names? What do you think?

Ideas please: ----- Nicholas Ryan - fill in the blank!

Thanks, Jess
    I like Theodore Nicholas Ryan.

Alexander doesn't flow very well with Nicholas, IMO. I'd prefer Alec Nicholas Ryan, actually.

Other ideas:

Gabriel Nicholas Ryan
    Elliott Nicholas Ryan
    Desmond Nicholas Ryan
    Vincent Nicholas Ryan
    Matteo Nicholas Ryan
    Elijah Nicholas Ryan
    Joshua Nicholas Ryan
    Malcolm Nicholas Ryan
    Wesley Nicholas Ryan
    Edgar Nicholas Ryan
    Maxwell Nicholas Ryan