Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: My Parent's doesn't wanna be called Grand. HELP!!

I like the suggestion of Nanny and Pops. Gammy or Papa also work.

There is also the German Omi and Opi (not sure if I spelt that right). That is what my SO called his grandparents.
    *Under Construction*

My mom planned for her parents to be called Nana and Grandpa, just like she called her grandparents. But when I started to talk, I called them Nanny and Gee. My two younger brothers and my three cousins used the same names, so I guess it stuck. But my point is that, no matter what you decide, I believe it really depends on what the baby can pronounce or what they want to call their grandparents. I hope this helps!
    "When the light falls on your face, don't let it change you
    When the stars get in your eyes, don't let it blind you
    You're beautiful, just the way you are
    And I love it all, every line and every scar"

Whenever my mother starts to annoy me I will threaten that all of her future grandchildren will be instructed to call her Nana. She falls in line She doesn't want to be a "grandma" either. OH babyboomer parents

My son calls my parents Nana and Papa - it's tradition in my family. We always called my grandmother nana (her husband had passed away before any of us were born) and My mom called her grandparents Nana and Papa and so on back down the line.

My kids, nieces, and nephew's call my parents Nana and Papa. My husbands parents are Grammy and Grampy, which sort of has the "grand" idea but subtly muted I'd run Nana and Papa by them!